NON-photo printer speeds

Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
edited February 15, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
It seems a bit strange asking questions here about non-photo printers, but I need suggestions on a fast printer/copier (black and white only ok) for copying order forms and printing customer receipts. Not even sure if this is the right area to post.. but this is what I am dealing with.

When a customer places an order with us at events and pays with cash, we give them a copy of thier order form as a receipt. When they pay with a credit card, we have two printed copies of the receipt to print-one for them to sign and the other for them to keep. I am currently using an older HP officejet 4215 which is VERY slow at both copying and printing. I don't want the customers to have to sit and wait forever... Any have a suggestion for a fast printer? I would LIKE to stay under $200-250 for this, but open to suggestions.:dunno

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    I really like my Brother HL-2170W wireless laser printer. Prints fast, like all laser printers, and the toner cartridge lasts forever compared to inkjets. Plus its wireless, and if you follow the directions, its simple to set up.

Check around, you can find this one for around $80

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2170W-Printer-Wireless-Interfaces/dp/B0010Z3LGO

EDIT: oh rats, noticed you wanted a copier...nevermind
  • Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Thanks for the info on that one, If we get a really good, fast printer, I can live with that. We only give a copy of the order form as a courtesy. I can just send a copy when the order is filled....