Pine Top Farm, Thomson GA, Saturday Morning After the Snowfall

HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
edited February 17, 2010 in Landscapes
I don't usually post over here, but at the horse show venue I was at last weekend we woke up to 5" or 6" of snow. The owner of the place said it hadn't snowed anything like this there since about 1973. This place is only 30 minutes from where the Masters will take place in 7 weeks with azaleas in full bloom and the ladies in their sun-dresses! I was the show photographer in already Friday afternoon. Knowing that the show would be delayed until well into the afternoon I got up before Sunrise to get out on the property to take some pictures of the place, really a once in a lifetime opportunity, but something I just don't get the chance to do much these days anyway.

My first shot of the morning:
787631173_3EsHt-L.jpg

A seven-image photomerge. I used the polarizer on the lens, but there is certainly some vignetting off to the right more in the direction of the sun. I intend to make a nice large wall hanger on this one, but will perhaps crop off the right side up to a point to balance the snow in the foreground:
787684196_gLGD4-L.jpg

A water complex called "The Frog Pond:"
787291612_EseQP-L.jpg

Storage barn in the woods:
787661045_pvQZ2-L.jpg

Hop you enjoyed looking!
Mark
www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    OMG! That one photomerge with the tree reflections is amazing! Absolutely stunning! iloveyou.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Rhuarc wrote:
    OMG! That one photomerge with the tree reflections is amazing! Absolutely stunning! iloveyou.gif
    Thanks!
    Mark
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Very cool! My favorites are the panorama with the tree reflections and the barn shot.
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Love the reflection shot but I think my favorite is the last shot with the red barn. Nicely done.

STephanie
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Tree reflection is my favorite, also. But I do like that last shot of the barn.
  • StigerStiger Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2010
    Beautiful shots. And I agree with the others here that the photo with the reflection is amazing. I spent a summer in Augusta and my memory is always that it was the hottest city in Georgia. I never thought I'd see that area blanketed in snow.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Thanks all! Happy Mardi Gras to you as well!

The crop I'm working with is:
    790153211_JVeBo-L.jpg

It takes off the severe vignetting from the sky in the upper right as wall as balances better the foreground shore..

What I'm not sure of is exactly how to put this on paper. What I usually do in this situation is to create a white or black background of the proper pixel ratio, 3:2 or whatever, layer the image on top, upload and print, then just cut the space off of the top and bottom after I mount it. Any better ideas?
    Mark
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Mark I do love that shot because there's just so much to look at and it's all a treat! Great light, snow, composition, everything. It'll look great!
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    I'm with everyone else about the reflection shot being great, especially the cropped version. Nice set too. The first image drew me in and caught my attention. I also like the red barn amidst the snow...it looks really out of place. Again, nice set!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Beautiful, snow-covered scenes! Loved each and everyone of them. Wow! clap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com