Comments

• Options
    rty2krty2k Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    PM sent
  • Options
    kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Just wanted to post answers to a few questions about this lens...

Is there any scratches, dents, dings?
    I took the lens out and gave it another look over and I can't find anything, I mean if you wanted to get picky, I can see some micro scratches on the outer edge of the UV filter-nothing on the lens itself. No dust inside, no lens creep(loose focus ring), nothing, it was very well taken care of by the first owner. I haven't even had this lens a month and have shot with it twice for just a few pictures.

Is there any focus issues?
    I haven't noticed the focus motor having any trouble focusing. Of course I choose where to focus on my camera rather than letting it autofocus. It's quick to focus too!

What about the zoom ring? Is it loose?
    The zoom ring is not loose at all. It isn't hard to move it either, feels just right to me.

Does the IS work? Any problems?
    The IS....actually, tonight was the first time I have ever turned it on. Lol I am *amazed* at how SHARP it is with it on, I actually thought for a moment-maybe I want to keep this lens. Laughing.gif Here is an unedited shot in my laundry room(sorry-I had no intention on taking a shot, just wanted to hear the IS noise-but it turned out pretty sharp) with a shutter speed of 1/4 sec. http://lovieking.smugmug.com/Other/l...043_Pwmct-A-LB

You do hear the IS working(the motor turning on, ect.). At first I thought it was too loud considering I don't hear the cheapie kit lens do this. But I was reassured when I read that the professional L lenses have a much better IS than the kit lens and you will hear them turn on/work. http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00G1t7

I paid $975 for this lens last month, I am very upset with Tom, the original owner because he stated in the ad that the hood was included, but I have yet to see it.headscratch.gif He also stated that this lens had a UW date code but was mistaken as this lens is a late UV model. The date code really doesn't matter but I am upset about the hood hopefully he'll come through and send it.

I can ship USPS priority or UPS, either way it will have a tracking number as I know I would want one since this lens is so valuable.thumb.gif

~Lindsey K.
  • Options
    brian_dbrian_d Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Hi Lindsey,
    You have a PM

Thanks!
    Brian