Options

44... thoughts and comments, please...

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited February 17, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
789872984_cK5rk-M.jpg

As I was cleaning up my studio, I spotted the light....the iron lives right there all the time!

I played the rest of yesterday with the light, these are a few of the shots I came up with..... (To see others, look in my ETC file on my site...)
1790584126_oFStf-M.jpg

2790582383_aiUCu-M.jpg

3790583349_D3feq-M.jpg

4790582197_bNwSi-M.jpg

5790583997_HZVRR-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    I like it for the technical aspect of it. It does not move me emotionally. It is a great still life and good silhouette for the challenge
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2010
    DsrtVW wrote:
    I like it for the technical aspect of it. It does not move me emotionally. It is a great still life and good silhouette for the challenge
    Thanks... I am working on the concept....The light is moving as we type, lol...
    I have a tendency to live in a hurricane zone in my studio, this spare, clean line is a bit of an anomaly personally for the quilt studio!!!
    Usually its masses of wadded fabrics everywhere~rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    I like the light shining thru the water reservoir on the iron..

and the feeling if ironing next to a sunny window is sweet
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2010
    DeeCajun wrote:
    I like the light shining thru the water reservoir on the iron..

and the feeling if ironing next to a sunny window is sweet
    Ok, let me CLARIFYwings.gif I iron ONLY quilting fabrics! The window is NOT to facilitate an easier go of a chore!! Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I have a couple of other shots that I am playing with from this series....but at least I know I have something for the contest!
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    Added 5 images...
    I added 5 images of this series this morning, love to hear your thoughts....
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    The one that's strongest on theme is your first one, followed by #2. I love #4 as a composition.

How about trying this: do a setup like #4 but expose for the blinds. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    richtersl wrote:
    The one that's strongest on theme is your first one, followed by #2. I love #4 as a composition.

How about trying this: do a setup like #4 but expose for the blinds. mwink.gif
    Thanks...

I like 4 as compositionally as well. Today, no good light...maybe on Sat when I am home again, and the weather cooperates? I can shoot again....
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    rteest42 wrote:
    Ok, let me CLARIFYwings.gif I iron ONLY quilting fabrics! The window is NOT to facilitate an easier go of a chore!! Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I have a couple of other shots that I am playing with from this series....but at least I know I have something for the contest!

I love the look of ironed clothes.. but I am lazy.

30 minutes in the dryer with 3 dryer sheets = ironing.

I still like the first one with the light from the window !