Options

#44 Back in the saddle for some C&C please

jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited February 18, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hello everyone!
Sorry for my absence (although I doubt I was missed), but I am back in the saddle with this challenge.
I look forward to going through the treads and seeing what everyone is doing but I wanted to get these up for C&C. I already see an imperfection that needs correcting, but would love your input.

This is a layered photo, so the darkness of the silhouette can be modified.

Option 1: B&W
790682730_schaX-L.jpg

Option 2: Color
790682170_m2rQu-L.jpg

Option 3: Increased Red
790681219_Qj8n2-L.jpg

Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.
;) Jeff

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    I like the colors in the second and the lighting in the person in the third the best. Took a couple of glances, but I figured out that he has a guitar and not a tail... mwink.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Wow - wonderful! I like #2 best :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    #3 is the one I like the most..you can see the definition in his face. great shots
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    one more option.
    Wow! Fast feedback ya'll! Thanks and too funny on the tail comment.

Here is one more option with the light on the silhouette the same as option 3 as suggested. I kind think this one has a more fitting "country" feel to it. I think the gutar stands out more in this one as well. Whadda think?

Option 4: Country Feel (edited after topcat's comment below... added album border).
    790850631_jrmJt-L-2.jpg
  • Options
    topcat374topcat374 Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Really like #4 actually! Guitar is much more defined too and background doesn't detract from the subject... Definite country feel about this one (suppose it depends if that's what you were going for!). clap.gif
    More practice needed but learning all the time!:rofl

Nikon D50, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-200mm, 50mm f/1.8, SB800, LowePro Slingshot 200AW and other bits!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Jeff, this is fabulous!!!!!! :jawdrop

I saw that you had uploaded it to the gallery and when I pulled up the photo info -- I noticed that the date taken falls outside of the date range for the challenge. :cry:cry:cry:cry

Is there any way you can reshoot this so that falls within the dates and doesn't get DQ'd?

Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #44

Welcome to Round #44 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member. It will run from Monday, February 8, 08:00am, EST time (GMT -5) to Monday, February 22, 08:00am, EST time (GMT -5).

The topic ready for your interpretation: Silhouettes

With light comes dark, and silhouettes offer an intriguing play between the two. Seek out interesting shapes or half-told stories, whatever might pique your viewers' curiosity.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    Exif data - help me understand
    You're right about the way the data shows and I do not want to be disqualified, so please help me understand.

The background photo was taken on 1/14/10 and the cowboy (if you will) was taken on 2/17/10. It is a layered photo and the compilation kept the date of the first photo.

This is why I included the "exif" link.... which I thought would make it acceptable... seems like I have seen that in the past.

Could someone please help clarify... I don't want to get kicked out of the contest because the clouds are a month old.

;) Jeff
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    jeffgroves wrote:
    You're right about the way the data shows and I do not want to be disqualified, so please help me understand.

The background photo was taken on 1/14/10 and the cowboy (if you will) was taken on 2/17/10. It is a layered photo and the compilation kept the date of the first photo.

This is why I included the "exif" link.... which I thought would make it acceptable... seems like I have seen that in the past.

Could someone please help clarify... I don't want to get kicked out of the contest because the clouds are a month old.

;) Jeff

From the challenge rules :

"Proof of Fresh Photo: Entries must have exif embedded (do not use methods such as "save for web", which strip exif info). As such, only images taken digitally will be accepted (no scanned images). Photos made via HDR must include the exif from one of the merged images. Composite images must be composed entirely of fresh images, and must include exif from ALL of the images used."
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    As far as the image goes though, I really like the B&W version and the image number 4 that I can't see anymore. Mostly because the difference in the color of the lighting on the other 2 color images between the background and the cowboy make it look like a composite. #1 & #4 look more natural together.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    Thanks
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Composite images must be composed entirely of fresh images, and must include exif from ALL of the images used."

Thanks! That was the clarification that I needed. thumb.gif

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    jeffgroves wrote:

Thanks again!

I see Dave already had a chance to answer your question. :D

Now wow us with another image, OK? clap.gif
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    jeffgroves wrote:

Thanks again!

What a bummer, that's an awesome shot!
    If the cowboy is a fresh shot, then why not try to get another shot of the background?
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain