Port Solent - Portsmouth Harbour

PeterD-2009PeterD-2009 Registered Users Posts: 618 Major grins
edited February 17, 2010 in Landscapes
Port Solent lies at the North East of Portsmouth Harbour. It is a recent development which houses a marina, accomodation, shops, restuarants, pubs and cinema. Entrance to the marina is a lock from Portsmouth Harbour. This allows entrance/exit at both high and low tide.

Excuse the quality of this photograph which shows the layout of Port Solent and was taken of a notice board with a shiny:cry covering.

790645900_2XAX7-L.jpg
The lock entrance can be seen to the left and the lagoons providing private moorings for the housing are also visible. The white areas in the lower part of the images are moorings and cat walks to access the moored boats.
The semi circular lagoon to the right is where the amenities (shops, resurants etc are located and is called the boardwalk. I shall take more images of this area later and post them on here.

778583371_8UBkU-XL.jpg
Looking east with inner lock gates closed.

790725441_fF9CU-XL.jpg
Looking east with the inner lock gates open

790637066_qzsqG-XL.jpg
This image is taken of the first lagoon within the marina. It shows the private moorings at the rear of the private accomodation. The fueling station is to the lower left at which the boat named 'Nabber' is moored. The inner lock gates are immediately behind this boat. (This image comprises 9 portrait frames - all hand held and merged in Photoshop).

790654761_bJVEs-XL.jpg
This image shows the buildings surrounding the semi-circular lagoon on the extreme right of the marina plan. These buildings comprise shops etc on two floors and is a great attraction day & night with both non-sailing and sailing visitors.

790726052_QG2jV-XL.jpg
Looking north across the marina.

I shall add to these later in my next assignment here.

Hope you enjoy