Looking for some C&C...

Dedalus77Dedalus77 Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited February 18, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I have just recently begun playing with HDR and I'm hoping to get some C&C on these shots. I consider these to be some of the better HDR work I have done so far, but I think I have a long way to go. All constructive criticism appreciated.

788570839_Kbidz-M-1.jpg

788569124_Smevu-M-1.jpg

788558045_BBg5X-M.jpg

788566698_coNND-M-1.jpg

788554680_o2mL9-M.jpg

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    I find your basic approach to HDR very much in tune to my own preferences....not over-done, used more to bring out the dynamic range that was there. Others see the HDR process in a different light. I don't think it's a right or wrong proposition. As I said , though, I do like your approach.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    I agree with Black Mamba. There seems to be two schools of thought on HDR. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I, also, like the more realistic dynamic range approach, but enjoy some of the extreme images if they are done well, and fit the subject. Your images are very pleasing and I think you have done well.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • Dedalus77Dedalus77 Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not a huge fan of the outrageous HDR shots that look more like paintings than photographs. Mostly I like the technique because of what I can do to bring out the light and enhance the overall look of the photo. I'm still working at it, but it's nice to know that I'm on the right track for what I am going for.
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Nice job! Not too sure about #1, just doesn't really jump out at me. The rest though... clap.gif

I try to use a similarly HDR touch as well, not overdoing it, just enough to bring the detail to the scene that I remember it having.