Options

Windows downloader

kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited February 18, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Yet another question related to my exif troubles. I think I got that squared away for that photo.

However, it has been suggested that my Corel software has a bug that doesn't properly save exif and not to use it for downloading images from camera to computer to work on them.

It was also suggested that your basic Windows downloader won't strip exif info from camera to computer. I have Windows Photo Gallery which has an "Import images from camera" option. Or I can use Windows Explorer.

I actually take my memory card out of my camera, put it in a card reader to download. So I can use Windows Explorer or Windows Photo Gallery to copy the images from the memory card into my Corel program instead of using the Corel downloader that is a part of the Corel program to do that.

Does anyone have any experience - good or bad - with using either Windows Explorer or Windows Photo Gallery? any issues with it stripping exif from the images as they upload into the computer?

I appreciate the input! I really don't want a repeat of the Great Mystery of the Missing Exif next time!

Thanks!

Kara

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    I always use Windows Photo Gallery. No problems.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    I just do a copy from the card straight to a folder on my PC. Never had any problems. I prefer to organize photos on my PC my way rather than have a software vendor force me to do it their way. :D Eliminating the middle man makes things a bit simpler...Laughing.gif.
  • Options
    kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Thanks, guys!