Branching out...

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited February 21, 2010 in People
I am having a blast getting away from weddings and gushy stuff for a couple jobs I have booked with the college. I keep teasing the subjects that if I tell them to dip each other, just smack me!

This was a promotional shoot for the refrigeration and heating program that they have at the college. They specifically told me what type of photo they were going for: eye contact with the camera and the lab equipment to one side in addition to candids of the students and instructors at work. Which, to be quite honest, made me very happy to be able to boss a little more than my last shoot with them. We got better photos as a result.

Also, I really enjoyed shooting for print, instead of keeping space for all aspect ratios... what a treat to fill the frame and not worry about 8 x 10s.

790951783_dQ5Ku-L.jpg

790971970_wcVJr-L.jpg

790942863_eKH8z-M.jpg

4. Hey everyone, say hello to Bailey... she is my new assistant. Basically she is wanting to shadow me on all my jobs to see what it is like and grow her knowledge of photography. She is the muscle behind all the lovely hairlights you see. :lust She also happens to be a college student (and pretty darn cute) so I used her for a couple shots.
(Ha ha! this one we were just messing around!)
790987441_YvHLK-L.jpg

790986452_3sv7D-L.jpg

790940322_hdaZ4-L.jpg

790979254_tcSbT-L.jpg

I love the thought of hands on learning in addition to the classroom that they use at the college! It really seems to be a fantastic and interesting program... I was interested in what everything did, and I was only there for a couple of hours.

Anyhoo, C & C is always appreciated! :D

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    1/2/3 are really fantastic!!!
    #6 is really well lit, just that hand feels disjoint from the guy behind it for some reason.
    Enjoy your new shadow!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    #6 is really well lit, just that hand feels disjoint from the guy behind it for some reason.
    Enjoy your new shadow!

andrew imagine that hand belongs to the guy with the mustache. That should solve all your issues!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Qarik wrote:
    andrew imagine that hand belongs to the guy with the mustache. That should solve all your issues!
    Pretty sure it is the younger guys. The teacher's shoulder is down, so his lower arm would have to be really long.

Still the lighting is really sweet.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Nicely done Fred! Great representation of the program..they'll happily use those for the brochures and such......thumbs up!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Pretty sure it is the younger guys. The teacher's shoulder is down, so his lower arm would have to be really long.

Still the lighting is really sweet.

nm..the joke was lost due to the limitations of plain text headscratch.gifmwink.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Qarik wrote:
    Pretty funny to imagine it that way! :giggle
    edited February 18, 2010
    Swartzy wrote:
    Nicely done Fred! Great representation of the program..they'll happily use those for the brochures and such......thumbs up!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Awww thanks Steve... I was fairly happy with what I could do with only 2 lights and on the fly... We made about 60 keepers in under 90 minutes.
    iloveyou.gif
    edited February 18, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Enjoy your new shadow!

Thanks Andrew! : ) I should have stopped down a bit more and had Stretch Armstrong's arm in focus, but such is hindsight, eh?:D
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    Home Run! Great series Heather and I immediately got the sense of having fun learning.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP