791465663_C9qM4-X2.jpg

791465648_XLLmB-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    I love the ecstatic looking image in the window in number one. It reinforces the bond between the subjects nicely. Very cool image. thumb.gif

I'll defer number two to someone else. The composition is nice but I'm not getting it yet. headscratch.gif
    Travis
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Funny, I really love the second of the two. She almost perfectly delineates the star field of the background as if it trailing out behind her whilst talking on the phone.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    the 1st one is not really doing anything for me...except brings back memories of eating at wagamamas in london. a very pedestrian noodlery for the name.

I like #2 for the reason andrew pointed out hehe
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Funny, I really love the second of the two. She almost perfectly delineates the star field of the background as if it trailing out behind her whilst talking on the phone.
    I agree about the "star field." It's pretty cool. But still, I don't know what it means. :D I"m not saying it's a bad photo; I just don't get it.
    Travis
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    There's a Wagamama in Melbourne and Auckland too. So obviously a successful young franchise or a very worldly owner. Funny thing is that Wagas in China is a western-style noodle (pasta) and salad chain. It's probably all connected somehow.

I don't think I would have done much with #1. But #2 is fun. Wouldn't it be great if verbs like "Creating" just followed you around everywhere like that? I'd like to think that's what trails behind me. :D :ivar
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    I agree about the "star field." It's pretty cool. But still, I don't know what it means. :D I"m not saying it's a bad photo; I just don't get it.

Thanks, Travis et al for the comments. I have a couple responses:

The first, which I'd apply to the second photo, is "Ambiguity." It is whatever you think it is. Or isn't
    The second, which applies to the first photo, is that sometimes private moments are lived out in public. And sometimes a weird word says something - or doesn't.
    And finally - I know not every photo is good - and maybe these aren't - or are.rolleyes1.gif

Ambiguity.:D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed