Dgrin is by far the best Photog Forum around!

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited February 19, 2010 in People
And it's due to all of you... the members and mods.

Over the past year, I've lurked and joined a few other photog forums. Not one compares to Dgrin. From quality of photos to the quality of the members.

I was just at another People photog forum, checking out their version of Go Figure and someone got completely flamed for posting a few nudes shots of a male for critique. Not one out of the 15 or so comments were about the photography. A lot of "WTF" and "Oh My Eyes" because it was a male, not a female. Very juvenile. Couldn't believe it and it prompted me to come here to post this "Thank You" to all the Dgrin members and Mods.

THANKS!
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010

Over the past year, I've lurked and joined a few other photog forums. Not one compares to Dgrin. From quality of photos to the quality of the members.

I was just at another People photog forum, checking out their version of Go Figure and someone got completely flamed for posting a few nudes shots of a male for critique. Not one out of the 15 or so comments were about the photography. A lot of "WTF" and "Oh My Eyes" because it was a male, not a female. Very juvenile. Couldn't believe it and it prompted me to come here to post this "Thank You" to all the Dgrin members and Mods.

THANKS!

15524779-Ti.gif

A male naked body is just as sexy as a female naked body :)

And yes, I've lurked in forums before, but this is my home. (thanks, Jeff for tipping me off to this site!)
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    I have also been to other forums. I go there critique section, and the critique is a kind of "good shot." The feedback I get here is by far the best and I don't see WTF's and all that... I think people here have more breeding and class then people on the other sites.

What is so terrible about a nude male? We are just different then a nude female, but both are nude... so what?
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010

THANKS!

I think dgrinners are older in general and just more mature because of it. Not so many flame wars here
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    I've visited other forums, too. I agree that Dgrin is the most helpful and the friendliest, as well. People here want to learn and want to share what knowledge they've gained.

Caroline
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    It was only when I found dgrin that I got brave enough to participate a little - in fact, I'd say it was only because of the friendly tone here at dgrin that I stuck around long enough to WANT to participate! And the patient guidance I've had would be hard to exaggerate - this place has been without a doubt the best "teacher" I could have had.

I credit this forum with EVERYTHING that has developed for me photographically (no pun intended, just can't think of another word to describe the growth curve I've enjoyed!). I would still be taking little-better-than-snapshots and wondering how everybody else got those awesome shots if it hadn't been for the folks in this place.

iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    It is a good house that houses some pretty decent talent.

Now lets see the "flame shot", annonymous!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    D'Buggs wrote:

Laughing.gif... it wasn't my shot. I did send the OP a PM to suggest DGrin though. Maybe we'll see him/her here and they'll post it.

My Smug Site
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    D'Buggs wrote:

Laughing.gif... it wasn't my shot. I did send the OP a PM to suggest DGrin though. Maybe we'll see him/her here and they'll post it.

My Smug Site
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    You're starting to stutter. That's usually a tell-tale sign of nervousness.

Were you the model???

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    A male naked body is just as sexy as a female naked body :)

Um, maybe more so?

But to stick to the lovefest. DGrin is fantastic. I've found a community that I can dump, um, share all my dross with and they slam me in return. mwink.gif

The site has definitely helped me develop as a photographer (that pun is not intended, it's just the right word) especially by granting the wish of a mentor that is working with me to improve.
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    Um, maybe more so?

But to stick to the lovefest. DGrin is fantastic. I've found a community that I can dump, um, share all my dross with and they slam me in return. mwink.gif

The site has definitely helped me develop as a photographer (that pun is not intended, it's just the right word) especially by granting the wish of a mentor that is working with me to improve.

I will say this. A woman is the most beautiful thing that God created... Nothing in this world can beet it, especially a nude woman...

I too have learned many, many things from many people on smugmug, and the people here are great too.
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
    edited February 19, 2010
    D'Buggs wrote:
    You're starting to stutter. That's usually a tell-tale sign of nervousness.

Were you the model???

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Me? The model? Are you kidding, I'm way too shy to pose naked in front of a camera. rolleyes1.gif

My Smug Site
  • DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    I echo these statements, I've seen people shot down on other sites. Maybe it's just me but I just cannot find a *bad* photo.. I dunno, I feel it's someone's vision, we are invited to look at something through their eyes, when I share a photo I am sharing a piece of me. Makes me feel kinda vulnerable. Getting shot down makes a person want to stop sharing. I am not experienced enough to offer criticism but try to speak to the photographer that what they share is important and to keep clicking.. ALL photos are good !!

I never get shot down here, just constructive criticism, atta girls and folks who are willing to share their knowledge. It's ours to do what we want with it. Toss it out or take it in and move on. I appreciate every suggestion and comment! bowdown.gif

To shoot down someone because of their (male nude) subject is ridiculous! The photographer saw something worth sharing and I hope they aren't discouraged because of it. Can we find the photographer and tell them to come here?

Thanks to everyone for helping this very green girl along.

Good grief that was quite a ramble... sorry !!!
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    There are other photography forums? headscratch.gif Never even felt the need to look after finding Dgrin. Community here is diverse, passionately artistic, helpful and well-behaved.

The posters you mentioned in the other forum apparently aren't really photographers as much as oglers of the female form. Not going to get much insight from the likes of them!