Options

Up In The Air

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited February 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
A friend was kind enough to take me for a short flight in his plane last weekend. Here are a few from that day.

1)
N2300N0006.jpg

2a)
Interchange0036.jpg

2b)
InterchangeBW0036.jpg

3)
Approach0037.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Very cool!! I love to fly, but don't get to very often. Thanks for the good memories!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2010
    So do I and same frequency. I don't have a licence, so I'm not piloting anything, but I love going up in small craft. This was my third time, first time in a twin engine. It was a Cessna 340 (A or C, I forget which).
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Nice photos....And what a roadway system eek7.gif I got lost just trying to follow it with my eyes rolleyes1.gif

Looks like that housing development got stuck right in the middle of all those business's and roadways.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Hey Lee,

I'm glad to see you enjoy your time in the air. Got yourself some good shots as well. It's a good thing we don't have interchanges like that around here....people would be scared to get on it.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2010
    Mary. That's the I-10/I-405 interchange in Santa Monica (or close enough to be). It really isn't that scary, since it's rarely moving. :D

It was fun, Tom. I had a ball. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Lee. Hey. :D
    For as many times as I have checked these images out ....
    it is the first time... today... That I have seen the airport.
    They got traffic moving there right? :D

Like you I'd love to get in the air again with my camera. thumb.gif
    A ride in a Twin would be too much fun.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2010
    The airport is a small one. The jet in the first image is the largest one I saw there, even considering the limited few planes that I did see.

Yes, traffic was moving . . . at approximately 9:00 on a Saturday morning! :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook