Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    I like it -though it is weird...I keep looking at it! eek7.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2010
    Eia wrote:
    I like it -though it is weird...I keep looking at it! eek7.gif

Thanks. I've never walked up the street in that part of town. I'll probably never do it again either. Not scary, just really strange.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    That's something totally different to see in a store window. Good photo of it tho :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Nice find, Walter. Seeing this makes me realize just how far progress has taken devices like this. I have a friend who just got a new prosthesis for one of his legs. It's a real marvel of engineering. Expensive though....cost $80,000.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited February 19, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    That's something totally different to see in a store window. Good photo of it tho :D

The store, as many in this ultra-depressed downtown neighborhood, was out of business, the result of the City's 'revitalization' project, which pretty much euthanized an already suffering old town district.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited February 19, 2010
    Nice find, Walter. Seeing this makes me realize just how far progress has taken devices like this. I have a friend who just got a new prosthesis for one of his legs. It's a real marvel of engineering. Expensive though....cost $80,000.

Tom

For some probably strange reason, prosthetics fascinate me. This one being one of two items in the store was not only appealing in that regard, but also to my slightly warped sense of humor.

From what I've seen on television, the new wave of prosthetics are amazing and can eventually, if not already, provide certain capabilities that go beyond that of organic limbs. Makes me wonder how far into the future elective installations may take place?

I think to put this in perspective we should consider the predecessor, the peg--overall, that's quite a leap.

-
    Anybody can do it.