Options

Use paypal account for digital downloads

cperkinscperkins Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 19, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am checking to see if I can use my paypal account for customers to purchase digital downloads. I would like to offer the option for digital downloads for the upcoming soccer season action photos. If I use smugmug the fee is 15% and paypal is far less. Example I just sold $54 worth of photos paypal fee=$1.87 smugmug fee=$8.10. I have seen something about adding a paypal cart to your site a while ago, but will that work with digital downloads. If this can't be done, does anyone know of a site that can do this?

Thanks,
Chuck Perkins
www.cperkinsphotography.com
Chuck Perkins
www.cperkinsphotography.com
Canon 7D, XSi, 17-55 2.8IS, 70-200 2.8, 50 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 18-55 Kit Lens, 580,430, Alien Bee Studio Lights

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    I do not know about Paypal, but E-Junkie can work with your site in a manner similar to Paypal, and it offers the purchase of digital downloads. You may have to store the downloadable files on their site, too.

They have a monthly service fee, not a per-transaction fee.

I used E-Junkie/Google Checkout for selling a few things via my SmugMug site (I used E-Junkie as they allow you to specify quantity available, will track the number of items purchased, and will disable the link when the quantity goes to 0. It worked pretty well once I got it integrated.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=112808