CF card

cinbubcinbub Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited February 19, 2010 in Technique
I have an 8g card full of Kauai shots. They view on my TV and digital frame, but when I put the card in camera or computer I get' NO IMAGE'. Anyone able to offer a fix?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited February 19, 2010
    cinbub wrote:
    I have an 8g card full of Kauai shots. They view on my TV and digital frame, but when I put the card in camera or computer I get' NO IMAGE'. Anyone able to offer a fix?

How did the image files get onto the card?

What format are the files? (I presume JPG files, but it never hurts to ask.)

A computer will not offer that message. What is the exact message from the computer and what type of computer and OS is it?

Are you using a software application to try to view the image files? If so, what software?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    sometimes if an image or set of images are viewed while on a flash card and then removed from the reader and then inserted back into another or even the same reader they will not show up......now as to why....I do not have a clue.....I am simply stating what has happened to me.

Just recently I bought an express card with CF reader writer combo....I inserted a card and it showed up as a removable drive....alright....I removed the CF card and then re-inserted it....it was gone....put card in camera....and pressed the view button....."no images"........did not format......got a different card reader out of storage and the images were there...so I downloaded them ........after the download the camera still says no images even thos it only shows 99 frames left to shoot (out of 210)..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• cinbubcinbub Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Yes, these are jpeg. The program is canon DPP. "NO IMAGES TO DOWNLOAD" I tried in my powershot, "NO IMAGE"
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Don't mess around with the download software at this point. Open the CF card as in your windows explorer, find the files and download them to your HD. THey are just in .jpg format, so no special processing is necessary. As to why it is doing this, perhaps it tagged them as somehow already downloaded and it is trying to outsmart you.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • cinbubcinbub Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Thanks guys. Andrew, that did the trick!

Bob