testing print service... please help!

Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
edited February 24, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I've had a Pro-Level account since April 2009, but haven't made a single sale as yet.

Today I thought I'd test the mechanism and the quality of the product, so I ordered 11 prints, and paid using a debit-card. I put all the necessary information from the card, and shipping information into the form, and that was it; the information was cleared, and there was no confirmation, "thank-you", "goodbye", or even "have-a-nice-day!"...

My questions are:

what happened?

did it take my card information?

am I in for a nasty surprise when I get my next c-card bill?

have my customers been suffering the same treatment for the past 10 months?

Thanks for your attention and hopefully a timely response,

Regards -
- Wil Davis
"…………………" - Marcel Marceau

Comments

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Hi Wil,

When you're in the shopping cart, after you enter your payment information, there's one more screen, our Order Confirmation screen where you'll see a list of all the items in your order. You'll need to click the Place Order button on the last screen to submit the order. Once you do this, you'll see a Thank You screen appear, and you'll receive the order confirmation email in a few minutes. If you didn't see this or get the email confirmation, the order probably wasn't submitted. If that's the case, your order should still be in the shopping cart on the computer that you used to place the order, and you can try to complete the order again :-)
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Just tried it again, and it did exactly the same thing as I described above.

One question: I'm trying to use a debit-card; would that make a difference?

- Wil
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited February 19, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Just tried it again, and it did exactly the same thing as I described above.
    I can't answer whether you've run into a problem with your order, but...

If you want to see it the way your customers will see the ordering process then you need to be logged out of your account when you make the purchase.

--- Denise
    edited February 19, 2010
    I can't answer whether you've run into a problem with your order, but...

If you want to see it the way your customers will see the ordering process then you need to be logged out of your account when you make the purchase.

--- Denise

Yes, I'm aware of that, but thanks for pointing it out. I should also be able to order prints from my main account and buy them at cost. I'll try later from a different computer.

I'm always wary of sending CC and personal information over The Web, and occurrences such as this do nothing to put my mind at ease…

- Wil
    edited February 19, 2010
    I've just tried again from a different computer, and then once again using a different credit-card; same result both times; it did exactly the same as the very first time I tried.

This leads me to one conclusion:

There is something screwed up here.

Which leads to another two questions:

1. Is anyone listening?

2. Does anyone care?

Thanks for giving a damn…

- Wil
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote:
    I've just tried again from a different computer, and then once again using a different credit-card; same result both times; it did exactly the same as the very first time I tried.

This leads me to one conclusion:

There is something screwed up here.

Which leads to another two questions:

1. Is anyone listening?

2. Does anyone care?

Thanks for giving a damn…

- Wil
    Hey will - our primary support is at our help desk, 365 days a year we never close and give rapid help. please write our Support Heroes and let us help you directly from the help desk. Thanks!
    edited February 23, 2010
    Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information. I've been v. busy over the past few days, and the problem was rotated out of the stack, but I've e-mailed the Super Support Heroes and pointed them to this thread. I would like to get this resolved, and thanks again for the suggestions!

Best Wishes -
    - Wil
    edited February 24, 2010
    …later

The problem seems to be to do with choice of browser:

I was using Opera and the application wouldn't get as far as the confirmation page; whereas it works perfectly with Firefox…

So, there's a workaround (just in case anyone comes across the same problem…)

thumb.gif

- Wil
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote:
    …later

The problem seems to be to do with choice of browser:

I was using Opera and the application wouldn't get as far as the confirmation page; whereas it works perfectly with Firefox…

So, there's a workaround (just in case anyone comes across the same problem…)

thumb.gif

- Wil
    Hi Wil, our supported systems: http://www.smugmug.com/help/supported-systems