Options

dss 44 a few tries, any of these?

ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited February 21, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was at a surf contest last weekend, at dawn, most of which was cancelled because the surf was too big. The lifeguards came and closed this pier a few minutes after I took some pictures. think any of them are silhouetty enough?
792123485_dBy37-M.jpg

792123297_9FSLj-M.jpg

792123605_dP9JA-M.jpg

792122257_TQadU-M.jpg

I like the shadow of the pier on the wave mist in the last one, but that's not really part of the silhouette.

Thanks for looking at them anyway.
Anna

Comments

• Options
    MakeroftoysMakeroftoys Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    ASkip wrote:
    I was at a surf contest last weekend, at dawn, most of which was cancelled because the surf was too big. The lifeguards came and closed this pier a few minutes after I took some pictures. think any of them are silhouetty enough?

I like the shadow of the pier on the wave mist in the last one, but that's not really part of the silhouette.

Thanks for looking at them anyway.
    Anna

#1 is the closest to my personal definition of silhouette, but #4 wins for visual interest for me. It's trying to tell me a story, and the shadows on the mist are a nice detail. The structure and cars in the background are a bit distracting, though.

My eye wants more separation between the spray and the rest of the shot. Can you tweak your contrast, dropping the pier and raising the spray? That would help, I think. Too, if you can get some more color in the water to play against the warm haze. . .
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    #1 is the closest to my personal definition of silhouette, but #4 wins for visual interest for me. It's trying to tell me a story, and the shadows on the mist are a nice detail. The structure and cars in the background are a bit distracting, though.

My eye wants more separation between the spray and the rest of the shot. Can you tweak your contrast, dropping the pier and raising the spray? That would help, I think. Too, if you can get some more color in the water to play against the warm haze. . .

ooh, cool ideas. I can work on it... after soccer and basketball tonight and another surf contest tomorrow.
    Thanks!
    anna
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2010
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    rteest42 wrote:
    Number 1!!
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams