Options

Graphistudio

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited February 22, 2010 in Weddings
Sorry, wasn't real sure where to place this. Just received their "sample" pkg from Fed-Ex. I have a question regarding what they sent me but first wanted to hear if any of you are customers of theirs. I'm a bit confused about the pkg. contents, because quite frankly, what they shipped is far too nice to simply be a freebie sampling. And according to my account, it was just that....FREE. Or maybe only so for the next 30-ish days ??? :scratch

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Sorry, wasn't real sure where to place this. Just received their "sample" pkg from Fed-Ex. I have a question regarding what they sent me but first wanted to hear if any of you are customers of theirs. I'm a bit confused about the pkg. contents, because quite frankly, what they shipped is far too nice to simply be a freebie sampling. And according to my account, it was just that....FREE. Or maybe only so for the next 30-ish days ??? headscratch.gif

rolleyes1.gif Was wondering the same thing when I got my package from them ~ 1 year ago. I used them for my last 10-15 albums (basically since this winter), and have to say ... love them. Really fast turn around time & great quality.

I usually get their leather albums / not the shiny cover they most likely sent you (+ don't get case) ... My last big order came within 2.5 weeks, I was a bit "shocked" rolleyes1.gif not used to such an awesome turnaround time.

I just ordered the metal cover (with metallic paper) for one of y sample albums from last year, I'll let you know how that turns out if you'll be interested ...

Their pricing is actually fairly straight forward (no hidden fees), but let me know if you have any questions. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2010
    Thanks Angie! Glad to know this isn't something they'll "tack on" with a future invoice. :D The album alone, if done for me personally, would have easily been one of their top shelf sellers. (Hard Bound with clear plexi-glass cover and thick lay-flat pages) They also sent a very nice breifcase along with 2 other seperate sample albums. They are top notch, that's evident. Keep me posted on the metallic cover with the metallic paper...that's gonna be a real head turner, I'm sure! thumb.gif
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    Graphi Studio Is Fantastic
    We actually had to drop one of our vendors (black river imaging) because none (I mean zero) of our clients were ordering from them after they saw the Graphi-book. We are designing a crystal glance 9.5x13 vertical book for a wedding in the next couple of weeks so we can't wait to check out that cover.

The one tedious thing that we had to do was coming up with our own spreadsheet (pricelist) for the customer. It was tedious because it had to make sense to the customer while being easy for us to complete the sale.

Also - we have developed a series of photoshop actions that automatically set up the page size and guides for designing in photoshop. It's awesome and has improved our workflow significantly - one click of a button and your book size and trim guides are made for you. Sweet --- let me know and I can easily send them to you.

Hope I didn't ramble on ---
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2010
    Hey Shming, would love to hear more about it! And you keep referring to "we" in your post. I see you're in Lexington, SC so I would love to know who "we" is! :D Are "yall" a studio?
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2010
    Ahh -- I refer to "we" because my wife shoots with me ---- I include her in everything. So we are a team. Darren -- my wife and I were discussing the fact that "we" (lol) don't have any beautiful photo's from our wedding
    Since you live in Columbia --- could I contact you about taking care of that for us? well it wouldn't be a wedding photo obviously....but more of a romantic shoot. Also Let me know if you want those photoshop actions for graphi ---- I'll zip them up and shoot'em your way
    KLinh
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    shming wrote:
    Ahh -- I refer to "we" because my wife shoots with me ---- I include her in everything. So we are a team. Darren -- my wife and I were discussing the fact that "we" (lol) don't have any beautiful photo's from our wedding
    Since you live in Columbia --- could I contact you about taking care of that for us? well it wouldn't be a wedding photo obviously....but more of a romantic shoot. Also Let me know if you want those photoshop actions for graphi ---- I'll zip them up and shoot'em your way

What a wonderful idea & Darren has such a great style clap.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    Just signed up with them. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2010
    [/ATTACH]
    Agnieszka wrote:
    What a wonderful idea & Darren has such a great style clap.gif

Agnieszka - Darren does have a great style --- and I might add that your photography is wonderful as well!!! :D ---- hmmmm - I wonder how many wedding photographers don't have decent wedding photos of there own.....

on a side note this is pretty funny --- we shot a bride today finding her wedding dress.....very fun shoot (actually difficult cause of the mayhem in the shop) - but here is the short story.........her wedding is March 15th ---- yesterday she tried on her original wedding dress in which she purchased about a half year ago.....well in that time -- she got pregnant
    calls us up today in a panic......upset.......so we met her at the bridal shop --- and photographed her trying on different dresses --- when she found the one - her eyes lit up and we captured as much as we could......We've never had this happen to us before --- but it was sooooo worth it. Well --- just to tie this into the thread ---- we are going to incorporate today's photos into her Graphi-Studio book. here is on of the pics from today...... this is my first pic upload -- I can't seem to figure out how to upload more than one ---- hmmm I'm gonna hit up the faq section after this
    oh --- ps. we are big fans of the grainy noise - that high ISO can sometimes produce (I know odd...especially in todays market --- but that's what we love - we gave up the "technically" correct photography a while back --- once we did -- it changed the way we shot and viewed things forever.....:D
    IMG_0499.jpg
    KLinh
    Fashion & Commercial
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2010
    Thanks so much for the Kudos, Angie! :D Hey Shming, I'd love to! Just PM me with some contact info. thumb.gif