gigo

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited February 21, 2010 in Street and Documentary
791760800_noJDp-XL.jpg

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    I like this one a lot. The composition, though maybe a bit wider than necessary, adds a bit to the story of overconsumption. Well done. thumb.gif

For me, a little contrast would help it out. That could just be a personal preference, though. ne_nau.gif
    Travis
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2010
    YEah, working on the getting the background to be a little less blown out would help because with that being the brightest area ones eyes go right back there and right out of the picture.

Great spot for a shot, otherwise! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    I like this one a lot. The composition, though maybe a bit wider than necessary, adds a bit to the story of overconsumption. Well done. thumb.gif

For me, a little contrast would help it out. That could just be a personal preference, though. ne_nau.gif

I was right on the edge on the contrast as I did not want to brighten the background more. Thanks.
    edited February 21, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    YEah, working on the getting the background to be a little less blown out would help because with that being the brightest area ones eyes go right back there and right out of the picture.

Great spot for a shot, otherwise! thumb.gif

Don

Perhaps if I cropped a little tighter (per thoth's observation) I could have killed two birds... Thanks!
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    A good statement on over-consumption. Like those above, I'd like some more contrast, bring up the blacks some.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    Travis, Patti, and the rest are pretty much on target. It's a good shot, but I didn't hear myself say "nice".

793353598_orDyY-XL.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    rutt wrote:
    Travis, Patti, and the rest are pretty much on target. It's a good shot, but I didn't hear myself say "nice".

793353598_orDyY-XL.jpg

There you go. That's what I was missing.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
    edited February 21, 2010
    rutt wrote:

Yes, your PP improves the shot greatly. Again, good learning for me as I had cropped some, but had not revisited it once I let the background limit me on the main subjects. This will give me motivation to revisit my PP before my next post to see if I can do better (although it is still hit and miss for me -- still a lot of trial and error).

Thanks!
    edited February 21, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    A good statement on over-consumption. Like those above, I'd like some more contrast, bring up the blacks some.

Thanks Patti for the observations and suggestions. I also like rutt's version as a definite improvement.