Using SmugMug to sell... anything

dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited February 21, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Has this ever been discussed?

I would like to use my SmugMug galleries to sell... anything I want. So, in addition to the prints and products available, I could add an item of my own and sell it through SmugMug.

Say, for instance, I want to offer my clients a CD of hi-res images. I list that in my SmugMug gallery, clients can purchase it along with whatever else they want, and SmugMug pays me the money (while taking a cut, of course). I can ship the item on my own.

I realize that's sort of like using SmugMug to receive payments, much as I would use PayPal or Google Checkout, but I guess that's what I want. I'm tired of sending my clients to multiple locations for multiple products. Want a book by Blurb? Go to Blurb.com. Want prints? Go to my SmugMug site. Want Animoto videos? I guess I'll have to link you to a Google Checkout page. It's offputting to clients, I think.

Anyone have any thoughts here?
Matt Dudley
Matt Dudley Photography
Nashville child photographer
Twitter: @mattdudleyphoto
Facebook: facebook.com/mattdudleyphotography

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    It's called Self-fulfillment and we'll have it in the future - it's on the list of todos.

For now, sell anyway! Just implement Google Checkout or Paypal, it's a cinch. Post in the customizing forum when you're ready.