Options

after I import and delete all data on CF card, hidden 'trashes' folder existis on CF

srich250srich250 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited February 21, 2010 in Finishing School
this is after importing into Lightroom II but i dont think it's related.
the only way to rid of this trashes folder, which is the full size of what i deleted on the card, is to put in camera and format, or put in a pc and format.

is there a way to figure out why this is happening?
and how do you format media cards on a mac?

thanks all...much appreciate the help

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited February 20, 2010
    You don't format media cards on a Mac or a PC.

You format them in the camera you intend to use them.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    srich250srich250 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2010
    thx...i do that every time to stay consistent, however this hidden 'trashes' folde stays on usb flash drives off my mac also. so there is an issue. when i put the CF card back in my camera, after deleting all images from it on my mac or pc, it stills shows the data used but you cant view the pics.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    On a mac, files that are trashed usually get put in the "trash". It stays on your drive, but is not visible normally. If you empty the "trash", these will be removed.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited February 21, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    On a mac, files that are trashed usually get put in the "trash". It stays on your drive, but is not visible normally. If you empty the "trash", these will be removed.

Yeah, Windows also has hidden trash files on CF cards (and other storage devices). Unless you are seeing capacity loss on the card, it's nothing to worry about.