Help

zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited February 21, 2010 in Cameras
I have a canon EOS 350 its a film camera not the digital one. The viewfinder on it is blurry and it does not have the dial to focus it. Is there anyway to fix this I have a huge assignment I am doing later tonight and need this to be fixed. Also I am having trouble finding the built in light meter on the camera. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Zach
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 21, 2010
    It's hard telling what the problem is according to your description.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    the viewfinder on it just appears to be out of focus, like the picture is out of focus but it is not the lens. Because i cannot even read the numbers inside the viewfinder on that little display built into the viewfinder.
    edited February 21, 2010
    the viewfinder on it just appears to be out of focus, like the picture is out of focus but it is not the lens. Because i cannot even read the numbers inside the viewfinder on that little display built into the viewfinder.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That sounds like the diopter adjustment for the viewfinder is off for your vision. Look at the back of the camera, around the viewfinder, and see if you can find an adjustment wheel or lever.
    ziggy53
    edited February 21, 2010
    That is the problem however the camera does not have the diopter adjustment wheel. So is there anything else i could do? Thanks again
    edited February 21, 2010
    It sounds like your camera is very similar to the EOS Rebel 2000/EOS 300/Kiss III cameras. If so, you are correct that they lack a diopter adjustment. If you normally wear glasses you would need glasses with this camera as well.

Assuming that the viewfinder is blurry for anyone who views through it, it could be that the mirror is not returning to home position or there could be something broken or loose somewhere else in the viewfinder optical path.

Is this a camera that has not been used in a long time?

Have you checked the camera battery/batteries? It should be either 2 - CR2 lithium batteries, a single 2CR5 or dual CR123A batteries. You will need fresh batteries for proper operation of the camera.
    ziggy53
    edited February 21, 2010
    It has not been used for a very long time, so you are probably right a fresh pair of batteries would help. I am going to try that and hopefully it work. Thanks