New infrared shots from a freshly converted S5

LexiticusLexiticus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited February 26, 2010 in Landscapes
I loved my Fuji S5 Pro so much, I bought another one to convert to IR only! After getting it in January I've seen the sun about a total of 3 times. So I finally had the chance to test it out!

Heres the results from 2 trips with it, one on an overcast day, and one sunny one!

Pano's to start

z_finalpano2.jpg

zz_finalpano2.jpg

One square crop (Actually a pano as well, hence the unusual lens flare)

zz_finalpano3.jpg

And the regular shots

z_tower.jpg

z_tower_3.jpg

zz_mission.jpg

zz_mission_1.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    I can''t believe no one's said anything about these. I love IR and the surrealism from looking at the world this way. The square crop is very awesome, particularly as IR makes the grass look like snow, and then you have snow on the mountains. thumb.gif

Have fun with it, and thanks for sharing!
  • LexiticusLexiticus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    I can''t believe no one's said anything about these. I love IR and the surrealism from looking at the world this way. The square crop is very awesome, particularly as IR makes the grass look like snow, and then you have snow on the mountains. thumb.gif

Have fun with it, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Did seem a bit slow on here, though its been a while since I've posted so I thought maybe I had forgotten the real pace of things!
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I missed it earlier apparently. Cool shots. I especially like the first one.

The one with the water-line looks like the grass is almost blowing out. Maybe there's just too much going on in that shot for my little brain to handle. :D
  • KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    The first one is breathtaking. I also like the sprinkler picture.
  • wrzwaldowrzwaldo Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I have not shot IR in years... These make me wonder why I quit. Nicely done!