Any bites yet?

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited February 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, another one from my 'back catalogue'. I enjoy fishing - but I could not imagine catching anything in this surf - no wonder he was the only one on the beach trying his luck.

4375257124_e80efd4441_b.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C always welcome.

Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 22, 2010
    R.Jay wrote:
    Thanks for looking - C&C always welcome.

Cheers, Richard.

Really nice shot. I like everything about it. Looks as if he could touch the clouds with the rod. thumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2010
    Great shot, Richard. All the elements....beach, sky, surf....are really strong. The fisherman adds just the right human touch. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2010
    Great shot, Richard. All the elements....beach, sky, surf....are really strong. The fisherman adds just the right human touch. Well done.

Tom

15524779-Ti.gif ---Wonderful shot. Looks like that rod can reach past the breaking waves.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2010
    Nice shot, Richard........I have never shot pictures of the ocean.....I'm envious..:D azzaro
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Really nice shot. I like everything about it. Looks as if he could touch the clouds with the rod. thumb.gif

Hi Richard, thank you for your feedback - really appreciate it - glad you liked the shot.

Cheers, Richard
    edited February 22, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif ---Wonderful shot. Looks like that rod can reach past the breaking waves.

Hi Tom / Mary, thank you both for your really nice comments. I think he was fishing off the beach because it would have been too dangerous off the rocks - we get a lot of 'King Waves' along this part of the coast - not much chance of survival in a sea like that.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited February 22, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    Nice shot, Richard........I have never shot pictures of the ocean.....I'm envious..:D azzaro

Hi Azzaro, thanks for your nice comment. This was taken close to a small town called Denmark on the south coast of WA - really beautiful spot. Unspoilt coastline with dense Karri forest behind. No mountains like yours though :D .

Cheers, Richard
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2010
    Very nice image. I love the colors and especially the composition thumb.gif

If some Gaussian Blur were added, it would pass for a painting.
    Randy
    edited February 23, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    Very nice image. I love the colors and especially the composition thumb.gif

If some Gaussian Blur were added, it would pass for a painting.

Hi Randy, thank you very much for your feedback on this one - glad you liked. I quite often 'over sharpen' shots - adding blur would be a new direction for me.

Cheers, Richard.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    I really like this image, very beautifull and well exposed and great perspective. I also agree with Rwells, add some Corel painter effects or some blur to make it a bit painterly, and print it big on a canvas wrap and enjoy!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
    edited February 24, 2010
    OrvSal wrote:
    I really like this image, very beautifull and well exposed and great perspective. I also agree with Rwells, add some Corel painter effects or some blur to make it a bit painterly, and print it big on a canvas wrap and enjoy!

Hi, thank you for your feedback - I had a look at your gallery (impressive clap.gif ) and now see what you and Randy mean. Although I do not have Corel, Photoshop Elements has similar effects. Thanks again for looking and commenting.

Cheers, Richard.