FS/FT: BNIB Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 (for 85mm f/1.2)

uberboxeruberboxer Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 24, 2010 in House of Canon
Hi everyone,

I have never sold anything on this site before....so please feel free to check out my rating on eBay, I have 100% positive feedback. My user name is cyberfleemarket, I have mostly sold photo equipment and motorcycle equipment there.

That said, last week I received a brand new in the box 50mm f/1.2 from Canon direct. They sent it to me because they actually screwed up one I sent in for a cleaning that was only 6 months old. I have tried the new lens they sent me, just to make sure it works, and it works great. But I have decided I want a little more reach, so I am looking to buy or trade for + cash from me, a really clean and fairly new 85mm f/1.2.

The lens I am selling comes in a new retail box, with warranty card, pouch, hood, lens caps.....this IS a brand new lens. The date code will tell you the lens was manufactured Jan 2010 - see pics.

You guys know what this lens sells for at B&H and Calumet, I am selling mine for $1325 net to me + insured shipping cost. If you want to pay by check, that is ok, but your check will have to clear before I send out the lens.

Here are some pics of the lens, eventhough you all know what they look like.

791953658_fVSgD-X2.jpg

791953484_N6U34-X2.jpg

791956924_izkkP-X2.jpg

I think I have covered it pretty well, but if you have any questions, shoot me a pm.

Thanks for looking!

Robert
www.robertmarianiphotography.com
www.robertmarianiblog.com

Comments

• uberboxeruberboxer Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2010
    doesn't anyone need this lens?
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering, I have had NO inquiries about this lens on this site. Is it because I am a first time poster, so people are skeptical.....or am I missing something else very obvious. Your candor is appreciated.

Thank you
  • kyleforniakylefornia Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    No I don't think it's that, I just think that people tend to think it over a little longer when buying a big ticket item like this. Of course a hundred dollar lens like a 50 ƒ/1.8 is gonna get a million responses because it's something everyone can afford, haha. Trust me it's not you. If I had the money it would already be in your bank account.
    5d mkii | 50mm ƒ/1.8 | 75-300mm ƒ/4-5.6 ii | Minolta MD primes with EOS adaptor | Several various speedlights | 2x PW Plus ii's 2x PW Plus'

[revivalist photography]
  • S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    ^What he said. Awesome lens, but it's a high-dollar item. People don't snatch these up like 580EX's and 50 1.8's.
    Not only that, I've noticed these FS ads don't get as much traffic as other sites (i.e. POTN).
    Sam
  • uberboxeruberboxer Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 24, 2010
    Kylefornia / S-man,

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate it!