My New Grandaughter!!

DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited February 26, 2010 in People
Hi! I was so excited when my first grandchild was born Jan.30, 2010. Unfortunately, we live right in the middle of the recent snowbelt and we had to postpone her pictures until she was 2 weeks old. My daughter brought her to my house, fed her and we pumped up the heat and even had a little heater going. All the things were going according to plan except the baby did not want to sleep. Out of the 2 hrs they were here she was probably a sleep less than 10 min and when we tried to move her she would wake up.:cry Well this is what we got and my duaghter is happy with them but I really wish it had gone better. Let me know what you think!
790833186_v3MFx-L.jpg
790833546_KPRLW-L.jpg

790833020_ftFFo-L.jpg
791288381_fb2NM-L.jpg
Thanks for looking!
Deb

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2010
    These are precious shots. I love that last one in the basket. Congratulations!

Caroline
  • DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Thanks for your comments. I love your work.
    Deb
  • KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Awww. What a precious little baby girl! The one with her being held is my favorite but I like them all. clap.gif
  • topcat374topcat374 Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Congratulations - you're granddaughter is beautiful:)

Lovely set of pics - I especially like #1 - looks like she's just woken up and is having a stretchclap.gif
    More practice needed but learning all the time!:rofl

Nikon D50, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-200mm, 50mm f/1.8, SB800, LowePro Slingshot 200AW and other bits!
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!! clap.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    A lovely set. She is just beautiful. This shoot is only the beginning so have no regrets. You did good and you have years of pleasure and fun ahead of you.

Virginia

Email
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Wow, look at all that hair. I have a new grand daughter as well, Feb 4th, and she has no where near that much hair.

She is precious and you did a great job photographing her.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    First of all..congrats Grandma! We have 3 (boys) and it's a blast. On with the photos. They'll be nice family keepsakes. Shooting the little one's are difficult, for the right angle, lighting, setting, etc. There obviously is no way to say, oh, you should have done this or tried that. I very seldom ever talk about cropping as it's an individual's preference. In this case though, all seem too tight, not allowing some breathing room in conjunction with the POV.

Again, congrats.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • DustiferDustifer Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    What a beauty she is. They're all wonderful shots, I'd have to say that the first one is my favorite. It has a nice, dreamy feel to it.thumb.gif
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    -Mark Twain

http://dustifer.smugmug.com/
  • DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Thanks!!
    Yeah! I think she's pretty special and I am looking forward to all our future photoshoots. Swartzy, I will keep in mind about cropping too much. Thank you all for your kind words.
    Deb