Spring Stroll - Su Causeway

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited February 23, 2010 in Street and Documentary
794504538_TaqH9-XL.jpg

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    I love the tilt-shift feel of this one, Jen. Though you weren't exactly close the composition brings me right into the stroll.

Your title is a bit too specific for me. This is getting picky but the word "Spring" is kind of beaten down by the heavy coats for me. I see a lovely winter day in the photo but keep looking for the Spring. I hope that makes sense. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    I love the tilt-shift feel of this one, Jen. Though you weren't exactly close the composition brings me right into the stroll.

Your title is a bit too specific for me. This is getting picky but the word "Spring" is kind of beaten down by the heavy coats for me. I see a lovely winter day in the photo but keep looking for the Spring. I hope that makes sense. thumb.gif

I'll dive in and comment on my own shot and get geeky about it because I'm branching out into colour and exploring some new visual relationships. This is a learning experience for me and I'd appreciate comments about colour treatment beyond the image itself.

I was very specific on the title. Just felt right this time. Su Causeway in Hangzhou in the evening at the end of Spring Festival after a 20 degree C day. Lots of green grass. So sue me :D. The "tilt-shift" feel is from my recently acquired 85/1.4. Got it about a month and a half ago. I LOVE IT. Used it in Apprehensive. Talk about playing with dof. You can slice a scene into hundreds of planes with this thing. But it's twitchy. Not much forgiveness.

Btw, glad you liked the shot. mwink.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    I'll dive in and comment on my own shot and get geeky about it because I'm branching out into colour and exploring some new visual relationships. This is a learning experience for me and I'd appreciate comments about colour treatment beyond the image itself.

I was very specific on the title. Just felt right this time. Su Causeway in Hangzhou in the evening at the end of Spring Festival after a 20 degree C day. Lots of green grass. So sue me :D. The "tilt-shift" feel is from my recently acquired 85/1.4. Got it about a month and a half ago. I LOVE IT. Used it in Apprehensive. Talk about playing with dof. You can slice a scene into hundreds of planes with this thing. But it's twitchy. Not much forgiveness.

Btw, glad you liked the shot. mwink.gif

Lovely, though I wish the mother and child in the foreground were in focus. The spring is obvious to me - green grass, some green on trees, but once again, that's the problem with titles. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Nice. Looks like it was a lot warmer than it was in Beijing! I really need to visit Hangzhou one of these days.