Prayers for Benny

idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited February 27, 2010 in People
I had the privilege of doing my first studio shots ever with my precious little cousin Benjiman (we call him Benny). Three years ago Benny was diagnosed with 5 different brain disorders and has had to have a bowel transplant, which has failed this past week. His mom wanted me to take his portraits before he had another surgery next week. He is such a trooper. I don't know many 6 year olds who have been through 7 complex surgeries and still have the love for life that he does. I captured this shot during that session, and I thought it summed up his little life. C&C Welcome. And when you pray, please remember Benny.

795644188_K4cMP-M.jpg

Comments

• MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    i'll be praying for him... that shot is beautiful!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Beautiful portrait of a very brave young boy. He will be in our thoughts and prayers.
  • blondineblondine Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    he is a beauty... our prayers will be with Benny. Hope his surgery goes well!
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Beautiful shot of a tender reflective moment. My prayers are with Benny and your family.
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    What a precious photo of a cute little boy! He's in my thoughts! ♡
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    GOOOOOOOO, Benny! thumb.gif

Kids amaze me; their 'zest', 'gusto', courage, resiliency, and their forgiveness.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    He's a cute little Squirt up there with that Mandolin! Kids are so courageous, strong and amazing.

My prayers his way~
    tom wise
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Thank you all so much. He is a hero in our eyes!!
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Gorgeous boy and gorgeous picture! Brings tears to my eyes... Life is so hard sometimes. I will pray for him-- for a successful surgery, recovery and that all his problems be healed. iloveyou.gif
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Benny and his family as well. The power of prayer does amazing things! Two guys I know could have died, but recovered by the power of prayer of many friends. There is a young boy in our area that has some sort of rare ailment, where his body is ageing much faster than his real age. Supposedly only 1 in several million gets it. Well back in December they discovered that the main arteries going to his brain were almost blocked completely shut. In Janurary he had a stroke, and because of many people praying for him he is now OK. Just the other week he was in our store running around like nothing ever happened to him. So I firmly beleive that Benny will come through this just fine, with everyone praying for him. Just keep the faith!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • thebuschthebusch Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Benny has my prayers and thoughts that is for sure!

Really great looking child!
    Busch

Take the scenic route. Life is too short to do otherwise.