A Cure For Heavy Iron Deficiency

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited February 26, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I've got a huge car show coming up and I'm as excited as a one-eyed cat in a seafood store. I thought this would be a good time to re-visit a few of the best of the past.

795727667_vyX3h-XL.jpg

795727653_oRMGC-XL.jpg

This was Clark Gable's car....a gift from his wife, Carole Lombard, before she was killed in a plane crash. This photo will be published in a book about Gable, due out around the end of the year.
795727632_eNxMo-XL.jpg

795727618_UnT6K-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

OH MY, What wonderful images and love those stunning colors.

Very nicely done!! I'll bet you are excited to see the Season Start up again.

Take care,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Wouldn't a one-eyed cat be half as excited in a seafood store as a two-eyed cat?

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Hey Craig,

Yea, I'm pretty hyped about some of these coming shows. There's at least 3 biggies I plan on hitting.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited February 23, 2010
    Hi Gary,

No, the one-eyed cat has to look twice as long to take in the same views and, all that time, the excitement that he may miss something just keeps on building.

Tom
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Beautiful images Tom of beautiful automobiles. That car, or should I say, work of art in the first image is stunning thumb.gif

What is it?
    Randy
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 24, 2010
    I feel better already. thumb.gif Got anything for arthritis? lol3.gif
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    Beautiful images Tom of beautiful automobiles. That car, or should I say, work of art in the first image is stunning thumb.gif

What is it?

Tom, if I may. . . . Randy. It's a Delahaye 135M, probably from 1938. The body style is what Figoni & Falaschi (the coachbuilders) designated as a "torpedo cabriolet." :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited February 25, 2010
    Hi Randy,

Photos don't do these beauties justice. I hope one day you get to see one in person. Calling it " a work of art " is pretty much right on.

Tom
    edited February 25, 2010
    Yo Richard,

I'm glad I was able to help you.:D

Tom
    edited February 25, 2010
    Hey Lee,

Thanks so much for chiming in to Randy's question.....saved me from diving into the books. By the way, I'm trying to come up with specifics on that special Delahaye racer in the picture I sent you. I've asked the organizer of that car show to help me. I should have some info soon.

As always, it's great to count you as a friend.

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Warming up to the task is an excellent idea. Refresh the memory and
    recall that must try list. :D Still in lust with that Gable vehical.

One eye cat at a seafood store. The philosophy in that is already eating
    at whats left of my mind. Will take all day to purge any remnant of
    thoughts developed from that idea. mwink.gif Michael
    Michael
  • Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I've got a huge car show coming up and I'm as excited as a one-eyed cat in a seafood store. I thought this would be a good time to re-visit a few of the best of the past.

This was Clark Gable's car....a gift from his wife, Carole Lombard, before she was killed in a plane crash. This photo will be published in a book about Gable, due out around the end of the year.
    795727632_eNxMo-XL.jpg

795727618_UnT6K-XL.jpg

Wow those two last shots are STUNNING! Color just jumps out at youwings.gif Let me Guess Nikon? Nice shots love them all