Palouse Falls

climbbikeclimbbike Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited February 25, 2010 in Landscapes
I finally made it to Palouse Falls in eastern WA . . . somewhere I've been trying to get to for a while but the weather was wet and foggy when I got there. I was a bit disappointment with the weather but in the end, I think it actually helped to give the photo a bit of a different look than the typical photo of Palouse Falls.

DSC_7906_07_08_09_10_HDR.jpg

Comments

• KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Aside from the waterfall and the pink/orange color all around, I really love the mist that is floating above the canyon. Very beautiful spot. Great photo.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    What a dramatic shot. I think it's a great capture for sure.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    I think you did a very nice job here.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    I really like this scene! I'm a sucker for canyons and I really like how the canyon trails off. thumb.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    WOW I love the pink color, the clouds, the view, and the tendrils in the middle ground. This is just an awesome shot all-around!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    WOW I love the pink color, the clouds, the view, and the tendrils in the middle ground. This is just an awesome shot all-around!

+1 yes totally clap.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Beautiful ! just amazing clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Very nice climbbike!! There is a lot of feeling in your photo. I like it a lot. I need to get out there soon. I was there late last summer for the first time. Still very beautiful then, but very hot (103) and not near the water.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • climbbikeclimbbike Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Thanks everyone. I was quite pleased with the photo despite what I thought was bad weather. I also learned a lot about perspective. I have a few photos that do not show the view down the canyon and they do not have nearly the same impact that this one does.