Why Cards arent available for certain gallery?

JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited February 25, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Im trying to figure out why most of my galleries allow a customer to make their own cards but atleast 1 I can find wont let them?

The gallery that wont let the customer make cards is
http://www.jayclarkphotography.com/Maternity/Becky-Magdycz/10639253_jo24Q#742530571_yBuyX

It seems that most of the other galleries if not all are able to make cards.

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.

Comments

• ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Hi Jay,
    The problem is on your 'Portfolio' pricing level you've set the price for cards to 0 (zero) which disables the 'buy a card' option. On certain galleries you've set the price for cards to a positive price which enables buying cards for those galleries only. You can either set a Portfolio level price for cards which will be the default price for cards across your site and let the gallery level price override it or set the price for cards at the gallery level for every gallery.

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    thanks shizam ..... im using bayphoto.... if i have the prices set for cards in ezphoto does that automatically give the option for cards with out switching the other prints to ezphoto??

i understand there would be 2 different shipments if cards and prints were ordered

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
    edited February 24, 2010
    JayClark79 wrote:
    thanks shizam ..... im using bayphoto.... if i have the prices set for cards in ezphoto does that automatically give the option for cards with out switching the other prints to ezphoto??

i understand there would be 2 different shipments if cards and prints were ordered

Thats correct. Since cards come from ezprints, if you want guests to be able to purchase them you need to 'pro price' them in the ezprints panel at least $0.01 over cost. Then you can set the gallery back to BayPhoto to use bay photo for everything else.

I know its a little confusing now, a better way to do it is being discussed.

Sam
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • DotaDota Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Another cards question...you can not get out of the cards mode UNTIL you add a cards selection to the card. Why not put the option of going back to photos anytime?
    edited February 25, 2010
    Dota wrote:
    Another cards question...you can not get out of the cards mode UNTIL you add a cards selection to the card. Why not put the option of going back to photos anytime?

No good reason, besides using the back button in the browser for now.

Sam
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer