Portraits

jpimagesjpimages Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited February 27, 2010 in People
Hello all,

Here are some samples of a few Portrait Shoots I did. C and C welcome of course. All shot with Sony a900 with CZ 2470/2.8 or CZ 85/1.4 lens. Thanks for looking!

1.794019916_2Egxt-M-1.jpg

2.752128895_umz53-M-1.jpg

3.770619060_iTpeL-M.jpg

4.713806773_3gkh6-M-1.jpg

5.768723961_ebGxH-M.jpg

6.769334962_gn2Q6-M-1.jpg

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    You have some nice photographs here.
    #1 Don't light a lady by hitting her in the chest with the light. You need to bring it in over her front shoulder. This gives more detail in the bust area.

#2 I like this one alot....good job.

#3 A bit overexposed and as a result you've lost detail in the face. I do like the crop.

#4 Nice photograph.

#5. Too much portrature or skin softening of some type. Looks like it might be oversharpened in the beard area. It is a poor pose for two guys together.

#6. Cute gal and a good photograph.

Hope this helps. You have a goood eye.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    These are ok.
    The crops feel a little tight over all.
    Keep working on refining your technique, you have a good start.
    I think 3 is my favorite of the group, would be better if the subject was even further camera left.

Suggest finding some less distracting background material.
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    like 2 the best
    Like #2 a lot...everything is good about it. Nice light, look, pose and processing. Think 3 could be the best of the bunch by just bringing back a little of the detail in the face -- it's a little blown out, but not by much. The eyes look great. Agree on the shot of the two guys -- could be good, but it just looks overprocessed a bit. Nice work.
  • jpimagesjpimages Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    thanks for the feedback
    Hackbone wrote:
    You have some nice photographs here.
    #1 Don't light a lady by hitting her in the chest with the light. You need to bring it in over her front shoulder. This gives more detail in the bust area.

#2 I like this one alot....good job.

#3 A bit overexposed and as a result you've lost detail in the face. I do like the crop.

#4 Nice photograph.

#5. Too much portrature or skin softening of some type. Looks like it might be oversharpened in the beard area. It is a poor pose for two guys together.

#6. Cute gal and a good photograph.

Hope this helps. You have a goood eye.

#1 Will try that next time. Thank you!
    #2 Thanks!
    #3 This was a soft bleaching process in just the face. Parents wanted something a bit different. Then I desaturated the colors in the picture.
    #4 Thanks!
    #5 Will work on the PP on this one. Appreciate the comment. FYI: These are 2 men in a relationship. The pose worked for them. mwink.gif
    #6 Thaks!

Will really take your feedback to heart! Appreciate your time! Thanks!
    edited February 27, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    These are ok.
    The crops feel a little tight over all.
    Keep working on refining your technique, you have a good start.
    I think 3 is my favorite of the group, would be better if the subject was even further camera left.

Suggest finding some less distracting background material.

Thanks for the feedback. Will work on the cropping. I have 4 different backdrops and will use a less distracting one next time. Thanks
    edited February 27, 2010
    toddb wrote:
    Like #2 a lot...everything is good about it. Nice light, look, pose and processing. Think 3 could be the best of the bunch by just bringing back a little of the detail in the face -- it's a little blown out, but not by much. The eyes look great. Agree on the shot of the two guys -- could be good, but it just looks overprocessed a bit. Nice work.

#2 This one ended up being one of his headshots for his job,

#3 Was a different post processing technique used. A Soft bleaching of the face and desaturation of the colors. Parents wanted something different. It does look pretty cool in the 11 x 14 print. They liked it. Not something I do all the time though.

The two men are in a relationship and wanted this pose. Tried a soft glow in the face and turned out like this. Will probably not use it again. Thanks for looking. I really appreciate the feedback!
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    jpimages wrote:
    #2 This one ended up being one of his headshots for his job,

#3 Was a different post processing technique used. A Soft bleaching of the face and desaturation of the colors. Parents wanted something different. It does look pretty cool in the 11 x 14 print. They liked it. Not something I do all the time though.

The two men are in a relationship and wanted this pose. Tried a soft glow in the face and turned out like this. Will probably not use it again. Thanks for looking. I really appreciate the feedback!

I was thinking that was the case but did not want to make that statement just in case. Watch out for the light of one subject casting a shadow on the other and on the front gentleman technically his eye should not break the side of his face. You are supposed to see alittle bit of flesh there.