Comments

• WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    Nice photos, love the fourth one, and if number 3 the focus was on the man in the dark suit it would have been a killer photo for me, I like it as it is, I just wish that the focus was on the man walking and no the car...

thanks for sharing, it seems you are off to a good start!

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    This is GREAT street photography and great story telling.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    These are nice shots. But you wouldn't know they were Zürich with the exception of #3 and only then if you'd lived there for a while (I was there for 8 years.)

Really looking forward to seeing more street life from my old stomping grounds.
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Thanks for the comments everyone :D It's not something I've done before but something that I'm definitely going to try again (and again and... mwink.gif )

Wineman - agree - but I had the preset focus on the left side and the Ape car was moving fast enough that it was take a shot or get no shot :D

Michswiss - i just put Zürich in the title so people have an idea where they're from not that it's relevant to the photos... been living here for 10yrs now and settled in thumb.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    jsqueri wrote:
    This is GREAT street photography and great story telling.

Sorry, but could you explain what makes this "great story telling?"
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    jasonstone wrote:
    Hey all, was a nice winter's day in Zürich so decided to try out some street stuff
    And yes they are post processed - but I wanted to do it that way - desaturated with some strong shadows.

/QUOTE]

Love the chicken, though the post processing is extremely distracting and, I would suggests, adds not a thing to the images - other than post processing. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Love the chicken, though the post processing is extremely distracting and, I would suggests, adds not a thing to the images - other than post processing. rolleyes1.gif

thanks... i chose the look as i wanted to present a set of images that were a coherent set... and in some of them the colours were distracting from the content...

but hey to each his/her own :D
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    could you explain what makes this "great story telling"

Sure. I'll use #3 as an example. I see a man, maybe mid 50's, trudging home from a hard day at work. He's facing the ground instead of looking up when he walks. Maybe he's down, maybe he's deep in thought, and maybe he just spotted a coin.

I feel like I'm glimpsing into the lives of the people in the photos and I obviously don't know the real story behind them, but these shots spark stories in my head.

I assume by the way you phrased the question that you disagree?