Options

2 kids, a truck and a dog. (e-photos)

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited February 27, 2010 in Weddings
I met up with these two a couple weeks ago for a fun session at Hatchers pass. The snow was deeper up there than I had experienced it for many years... so we were forced to stick to paths and plowed places, which kind of stunk. But they did bring their truck, which ended up being a very fun prop.

792443042_wkik9-L.jpg

792213142_4tMbv-L.jpg

792218368_PmszT-L.jpg

792204661_bkfft-L.jpg

792196801_WEEaV-L.jpg

Ever done a ring shot with a 70-200? Yeah, that was tricky.

792229512_7NsWh-M.jpg

7. I might make this one a bit more contrasty....

792208707_Wy4Fc-L.jpg

8. It was tricky to shoot the truck, since there were lots of snowboarder's rigs in the parkinglot.. (Their big dog has his head on the dash) (And the dent was where he hit a moose the week before.)
792442200_z2Le6-L.jpg

Speaking of the big doggie... I snuck this shot in while the couple was warming up in the truck.

792446655_7cjPn-L.jpg

Anyway, it was fun.

C & C always appreciated!:lust

Comments

• Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    That first shot was all you needed! nice! Ring shots are pretty tough with the 70-200 I feel you on that one.
  • Options
    The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Great composition, light, processing... great everything!
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
  • Options
    HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Nice work. I especially like 3, 4 and last two photos.
  • Options
    GambrelGambrel Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Nice Work! #1 is by far my favorite. thumb.gif
    D90, D40, SB-600, SB-400, 50mm 1.8 and a couple of kit lenes.:thumb
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Love, love, love them!! I'm also a big fan of #1, it's just perfect all around.

clap.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Nicely done here Fred! I love the first. Wow...those two look awfully young!...maybe I'm just getting old....Laughing.gif. I like the different processing looks as they fit the moods.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Wow Heather! VERY nice work indeed. Aptly titled thread too!! My favorites are 1-9. I will agree the processing on 7 could use a little boost. Maybe bitchin and lights on, but that is just me! Really fine work Heather!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Swartzy wrote:
    Wow...those two look awfully young!...maybe I'm just getting old....Laughing.gif.

Funny... those were my exact thoughts - I must be getting old! :D

Great shots, it looks like they had a blast, and the doggy looks very majestic. Nice work!
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Love #1 and the rest fall right in line! Hopefully they'll finish high school before having kids.....WOW they seem awfully young. :D Great stuff as usual, Heather!
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Killer work Heather! The first is amazing (although it is a tiny bit tilted) with so much texture and love. For some reason I want to see more of her mouth in #4 - she has such an infectious happy look on her face that I want to see the rest.

Beautiful photos!
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I agree with the gallery - they're all beautiful, but I stared at #1 for an inordinately long time. Truly masterful. I love the bright, bold colors against the snow. Perfect saturation and contrast. The processing in #3 makes me think I should just throw away my photoshop because I'm clearly not worthy. Bravo.
    clap.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Hey thanks everyone! I really appreciate each of your comments!

They are young, but not as young as I was when I got married... she is about to graduate from college, so yay for her! I think she looks younger with her hair up, because she seemed quite a bit older when we had the consultation and she had her hair down then. Who knows...ne_nau.gif

Their wedding looks as though it is going to be fun and different... a fish theme... They are set-neters- and make most of their year's income out in the bush catching salmon with huge drift nets. I know they are planning a couple phots with the bridesmaids all wearing extratoughs... :D Its gonna be great!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Hi Heather,
    Classic case of making something out of nothing, just a couple cute kids with their dog.
    That first shot is awesome. That should go on a wall big. That photo speaks volumes to me...I won't go into all the detail of it....just a perfect shot.