Could someone help me pick the right paper

speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited March 22, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
At my work they are going to start having different art exhibits of people who work here. The first one is "fine art" so i am going to print some photos. Just so you know the photos are not meant to be together, they are just different photos that fit the theme.

I have had my smugmug site for about 4 years and printed very little from here. For the 3 photos below what would you recommend for paper, the metallic really interests me but I have never seen it so Im not sure how it would look on the wall.

778982503_uxqPy-L.jpg

545646377_zX6Sy-L.jpg

627187885_u8joH-L.jpg

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 7, 2010
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    This is simple...................no one can see inside your head to determine your vision.

You really need to order the same image on various papers and see what YOU like.

There is no single magically best paper. Each has it's own look, and feel. It's up to you to determine which paper is used for each image.

Sam
  • sjhpubssjhpubs Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    This is simple...................no one can see inside your head to determine your vision.

You really need to order the same image on various papers and see what YOU like.

There is no single magically best paper. Each has it's own look, and feel. It's up to you to determine which paper is used for each image.

Sam

I agree with Sam. Order them in a small size as a test run if you want to and see how they look. Unless you are ordering something huge, it's not going to be very expensive anyway.

When I started printing my photos, I was printing them on glossy paper, because it makes the colors "pop." But I soon realized that I really like most of them on a more matte, and sometimes, a textured surface. So it's all up to you and your vision of your work. Different people will have different advice for you--and it's all very interesting and I have learned from that advice. But I have also learned that it's important to stick to what I like. :D

Good luck,
    Sandy
    sjhpubs
    PortViews
    Fine Photographic Prints & Notecards with Local Color
    portviews.smugmug.com