Margareth - Take Two

Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
edited February 27, 2010 in People
So, I had the chance to work with Margareth again, a wonderful young lady who is willing to pose for me just about anytime. So I had some time on my hands and gave her a shout. She came over and we got to work. She's tops in my book.

Anyhow, we wanted to do a more relaxed shoot, giving the shots some softness and leaving the viewer with a sense relaxation and peacefulness. I processed the shot in colour and black and white.

Hope you enjoy!

C&C always welcome!

Take Care,
Joe

796253041_PKeKr-XL.jpg

796284349_SiARj-XL.jpg

796261252_7wrwk-XL.jpg

796291796_Aufac-XL.jpg

796268374_7wnxc-XL.jpg

796298150_2KAVV-XL.jpg

796273056_bPxff-XL.jpg

796303157_Lg6aR-XL.jpg

796273767_E9mE7-XL.jpg

796303982_pzZae-XL.jpg

796276399_MwBvY-XL.jpg

796306546_KKw3t-XL.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
Joe
North View Studio
http://www.zoradphotography.com
Montreal, Canada

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Joe,

I really like 7-12. 1-6 are good but I think her right eye is too deep in shadow. I think if you added a little bit more fill, those would be spot on.

Pretty girl btw.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    #9 bowdown.gif

But like the previous comment: her right eye is too dark in the first few.
  • Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Joe,

I really like 7-12. 1-6 are good but I think her right eye is too deep in shadow. I think if you added a little bit more fill, those would be spot on.

Pretty girl btw.

Yeah, I was going for a much more dramatic effect with the lighting, and tried to just barely keep her right eye lit, while throwing that side of her face in deeper shadow. Maybe I went a little too crazy rolleyes1.gif

And yes, she is a very pretty girl and her physical beauty is only matched by her personality and kindness. I'm very lucky to have her and her family as friends. thumb.gif

Thanks,
    Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    Montreal, Canada
    edited February 25, 2010
    Svennie wrote:
    #9 bowdown.gif

But like the previous comment: her right eye is too dark in the first few.

Joe
    North View Studio
    Montreal, Canada
    edited February 25, 2010
    By the way, does anyone else find that the coloured ones look a bit like an painting or am due for an eye doctor visit?
    Joe
    North View Studio
    Montreal, Canada
    edited February 25, 2010
    What did you do to the colored ones?

Anyway, the colors of her skin, the backdrop and of the couch are too close, which makes her white shirt pop out. I would have chosen a different color couch. That's why they work (imho) best in black&white. But hey... I'm a sucker for b&w anyway mwink.gif
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Svennie wrote:
    Anyway, the colors of her skin, the backdrop and of the couch are too close, which makes her white shirt pop out. I would have chosen a different color couch.

I disagree. deal.gif

IMHO, I woulda had her wear a different top. One that was tonally along the same theme as the set.... Her face ,then, would have been the brightest aspect of the photo's (1st thing that gets attention), while likely adding to the 'gentleness'. ne_nau.gif

Nice work and personally, I can live with the fall-off.
  • TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    In shots 5 through 10, the cut off fingers and elbow bother me. Also the spread out fingers are not flattering enough for such a beautiful subject. I like the overall tone and feel of these shots. Well done, just watch those finger cut offs.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    I like the shots overall.
    Pretty young lady, looks like she is having fun.
    The finger clips kind of bug me also, watch out for those, try moving back a bit on a couple and leave a little breathing room.
    I prefer the black and white, the colors look a smidge orangish to me.
    edited February 26, 2010
    D'Buggs wrote:
    I disagree. deal.gif

IMHO, I woulda had her wear a different top. One that was tonally along the same theme as the set.... Her face ,then, would have been the brightest aspect of the photo's (1st thing that gets attention), while likely adding to the 'gentleness'. ne_nau.gif

Different shirt would have worked as well, you're right. Brown, except as skin tone, is just not my color mwink.gif
  • FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Joe: I view alot - daily - respond very infrequently.
    IMHO #10 is the one - with some adjusting. Crop to a square with both elbows at the edge. Some lighting of the eye situation. What you will have is a GREAT portrait of a very beautiful person.
    I have not done any people portraits however, IMO portraits of Flowers - which I do many have same problems and fixes.
    ED

www.photoman74.smugmug.com

If you visit please sign Guest Book - Thanks.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    she a has a lovely smile and very relaxed mood to her. Greaqt josb with the light and processing.clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    great work
    Love the lighting and the processing...lucky to have such a beautiful model at your disposal. I don't have a problem with the cut fingers -- if it was in some way that made me wonder if she really did have fingers cut off then it might bother me. Curious what others think on this subject -- I sometimes wonder if too big of a deal is made of something like that because I think these pictures clearly convey the mood you set out to get. So I don't care about the fingers. Any other thoughts and why?
  • TayTay Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    By the way, does anyone else find that the coloured ones look a bit like an painting or am due for an eye doctor visit?

Yes, #8 in particular.
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    They are all good, but 4 and 12 are, IMHO, by far the best. Some of them have unflatering expressions, some have cut off fingers, in the second one the lighting on the face is to drastic for my taste.

Her clothing is great, same with the couch. The white works because it draws you in, making the object(her) jump out at you as the other part of the contrast. Which makes the couch totally ok.

Very beautiful girl.
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • topcat374topcat374 Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I actually much prefer the colour ones - apart from #11 which I think is much better B&W (maybe just because it's a closer crop and the tones do get a bit mixed up??).clap.gif
    More practice needed but learning all the time!:rofl

Nikon D50, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-200mm, 50mm f/1.8, SB800, LowePro Slingshot 200AW and other bits!
  • ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I would be interested in your post process as well. They are pleasingly soft.

Wes