Smugmug -vs-Zenfolio

B643B643 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited February 26, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am retired and have the opportunity to start a small business. I need to have access to PayPal and the use of credit cards for my customers. A friend of mine uses Zenfolio and says his customers buy his photos with CC and PayPal. In addition, Mpix and Zenfolio have a working agreement where the photo can be sent directly from the Zenfolio web to Mpix for printing. I like smugmug, and the support to build my photo web page has been excellent. I just wish they offered this option like Zenfolio.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    We chose Bay Photo as our True Pro Lab because of their amazing quality, products, and relentless attention to customer service and details. The relationship has been amazing and our pros and their customers rave about the products.

See the labs section here and fire your questions: http://www.smugmug.com/photos/professional-photo-hosting-sell-photos/

Thanks for looking at us!
  • ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    My response from the last time Zenfolio was mentioned:
    I am late to the party, and haven't read the last 6 pages, but I did just make the jump from Zenfolio to Smugmug. I was ready to do it a year ago, but I had just paid them, and it didn't make sense for me financially. I left Zenfolio because of the overwhelming arrogance they have exhibited in developing their product roadmap and the apparent lack of willingness to listen to their customers. Digital downloads, which are such a no-brainer these days, took them forever to implement. I don't see them being any more on the cutting edge than anyone else, and for me personally, the way they interact with the customer base was unacceptable.

On the other hand, Smugmug has such a vibrant user community, as well as an enthusiastic support staff, that I feel right at home. Doesn't mean I won't be critical (2+ years to develop coupons, which ZF already has? Come on.), but just as with other vendor communities I am involved in (ExactTarget), I hope that my criticisms will be taken constructively and not just the rantings of an unhappy customer. Of course, that puts the onus on me to construct my criticisms in an intelligent way.

I also like the fact that they have started the Smugs. I attended the first one here in Denver last week, and I think that this is going to be a great opportunity for me to learn more about working the business side of photography (if we can have speakers from the landscape/ stock side of the world sometimes, that would be great Jeff).

Simply put, I do business with companies that value me as a customer, along with my input. I didn't get that feeling from ZF, but I have so far with SM. Your mileage may vary, but this is where I plan to stay.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter