At The Car Wash!!

KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited February 26, 2010 in Holy Macro
4388371601_47352a2394_b.jpg

4388371103_d10b9eed21_b.jpg

4389137672_8ac63fbac7_b.jpg

4389138554_f7556aa218_b.jpg

4388370195_a050468244_b.jpg

This one I screwed up. I tried changing the auto settings of my camera to different settings. I did this as quickly as I could before the water came back. I took a ton of pictures but I couldn't get ANY of them to focus just right on the bubbles. It looked focused on the camera but after I took the picture they came out blurred. How to fix it?

4389136236_d419c9c0dc.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    KerrBear wrote:

This one I screwed up. I tried changing the auto settings of my camera to different settings. I did this as quickly as I could before the water came back. I took a ton of pictures but I couldn't get ANY of them to focus just right on the bubbles. It looked focused on the camera but after I took the picture they came out blurred. How to fix it?

You probably used the auto focus, and auto focus needs an edge or something discreet to lock on to. The water rivulets don't provide this. Next time try holding a business card right on the window halfway covered in your viewfinder, depressing your shutter half-way down and holding to lock it down, removing the card, and then moving the card and finish depressing the shutter. The camera then focuses on where the edge of the card was if you don't move the camera. The water's a quarter of an inch behind that, but you should still be in focus.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    You probably used the auto focus, and auto focus needs an edge or something discreet to lock on to. The water rivulets don't provide this. Next time try holding a business card right on the window halfway covered in your viewfinder, depressing your shutter half-way down and holding to lock it down, removing the card, and then moving the card and finish depressing the shutter. The camera then focuses on where the edge of the card was if you don't move the camera. The water's a quarter of an inch behind that, but you should still be in focus.

Cool. I would never have guessed to do that. Thanks for the tip. :D