edited March 6, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does it work?

Waiting for Godot

797360287_eZfTH-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I like the idea, but I'd like to see more of the dog in the car. I didn't notice him the first time I looked.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I agree with TinaMarie, the show is stolen by the white one, if they both had their heads out the window, it'd be a lot stronger.
    edited February 26, 2010
    I didn't notice the other dog until I read the other posts... ne_nau.gif

Winston
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I didn't notice the other dog until I read the other posts... ne_nau.gif

Winston

I agree--Love the dog hanging out the window, but it's all about that one dog.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Thanks, all! I appreciate the feedback.

It was unfortunate that the white one was hanging out and the dark one was not. I think I have pushed the PP as far as I can to bring out the one in the car. I have a couple of other shots that may do better. Or I will find something else.
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    Thanks, all! I appreciate the feedback.

It was unfortunate that the white one was hanging out and the dark one was not. I think I have pushed the PP as far as I can to bring out the one in the car. I have a couple of other shots that may do better. Or I will find something else.

What a shame that they were not playing poker!

Can you post a colour shot straight out of the camera (or a link to a larger version in a SmugMug gallery perhaps)? I would be interested to see what can be done!

It is also good to shoot other things too, your heart may be set on this but if you challenge yourself you may find something even better.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
    http://prepression.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2010
    Hahahaha!

Thanks, Stephen! I don't have my heart set on it, but I will take any input you have. I have Photoshop Elements 6, so I may just not have the software to make this work for the challenge.

Here is the original.
    797931770_Veu9y-L.jpg
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    Hahahaha!

Yes, I have an appreciation for the classics!

Thanks, Stephen! I don't have my heart set on it, but I will take any input you have. I have Photoshop Elements 6, so I may just not have the software to make this work for the challenge.

Here is the original.

Thanks, I had a quick play and could get a little more detail, however I think that the white dog still takes all the attention in this shot, which reduces the impact.

Left hand image is your image, the right hand one has been lightened from the colour image that I requested.

I have been post processing images for more than twenty years, however I am very new to SLR cameras, having purchased my first DSLR a few months ago...I am a newb as a "hands on" photographer. I say all this because, these challenges are not so much about post processing (which I love), which is of course a factor - but about photography. We all hope to improve our basic camera technique with these challenges.

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
    http://prepression.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    Thanks, Stephen! That is much better! I would love to know what you did.
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    I'd like compile comments on both your dog shots and the ones you took at the restaurant + your bee shot here.

I like your dog shot but the 2nd dog inside the car is very hard to make out.
    The restaurant shots is not the most appealing and does not present the ideas very well. Lastly, the bee-shot was a nice idea, however, the bee was well hidden and I wish it would have shown itself more; I know the feeling though, it sucks when your subject (especially bees!) don't want to work with you. rolleyes1.gif

I really enjoy your dog shots but I really recommend re-shooting that (that is if they're your dogs). I'm really sure you get some really great shots over the weekend. Best of luck, let's see some more!
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2010
    Thanks, Mr. Peas, for the detailed comments!

Unfortunately, no reshoot possible on the dogs. That was a chance encounter in the parking lot of a local supermarket. I might play with it a little more to see if I can make it work.

We are supposed to have sun and warm weather tomorrow, so I may see if I can get a better take on the bee. Maybe I just need to get a new model for that one! This species really did not like me getting close.

And thanks for the feedback on the restaurant. A No answer is as good as a yes. It helps me to refine my judgment.