8922.jpg
--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    As usual, these are fully meet the standard of "Yuri Spectacular". bowdown.gif I to believe #2 to be very, very good. But, #6 six just about stopped my heart - that is beautiful. There's something there that just grabbed me.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Yuri, these are really, really lovely. It would be fun to do them again with a make up artist working on them heavily. Go to one model place and look up Robert Alvarado and look at his makeup work on his girls. Between you and the makeup you would blow the place apart.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    As usual, these are fully meet the standard of "Yuri Spectacular". bowdown.gif I to believe #2 to be very, very good. But, #6 six just about stopped my heart - that is beautiful. There's something there that just grabbed me.

15524779-Ti.gif with Scott. I think it has to do with lines, angles, curves, and something I learned from watching a video of Paul Thompson on wedding photography. His thing on portraits is if it bends, bend it. I think Yuri did a fantastic job of that, as it is hard to find a straight line in #6, other than her legs, but then they are crossed.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    WOW!

1 & 6 blow my socks off.
    4 would too,,, but I get a feeling of confusion in the scene because of the different eye contacts (one looking in, one looking away from the lens).

Thanks for doing what ya do!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Number 5, by far the class of the set.
    She is a beauty and she looks so classy and it is really coming through in the shot. You captured her essence.
    I disagree with the make-up comment.
    These girls with natural beauty like this... just don't mess with it.
  • Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Number 5, by far the class of the set.
    She is a beauty and she looks so classy and it is really coming through in the shot. You captured her essence.
    I disagree with the make-up comment.
    These girls with natural beauty like this... just don't mess with it.

It IS a nice set but as zoomer says #5 is special. Beautiful lighting, smooth blending of colors, classic pose. It is just a great shot.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    Bob in GVBob in GV Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    Hackbone wrote:
    Yuri, these are really, really lovely. It would be fun to do them again with a make up artist working on them heavily. Go to one model place and look up Robert Alvarado and look at his makeup work on his girls. Between you and the makeup you would blow the place apart.

I think not. I prefer Yuri's naturally beautiful models to the painted ladies you suggested he emulate.
    To each his/her own, I guess.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Hackbone wrote:

headscratch.gif Alvarado uses a MUA like just about any pro photographer but it's his processing and styling that set him apart. He even holds workshops just on his post-production work. His work is sexy, pinup style shot in studio with HEAVY post production. In other words, it's apples and oranges to Yuri's posts.

Yuri, I've been following your work for years and these are great. Very much your style. Please keep it up! Love your posts. I think if you did heavy post-production work that, well, they wouldn't be your style at all!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Great series of two lovely ladies.

I like #1 and #6 best, because of her expression. In #1 and #6, she's smiling slightly. In the rest, the girls have that classic runway-model expression, which Whoopi Goldberg once described as "looking like they just smelled something really bad." I prefer a slight smile on a model.

I also agree with Bob and Zoomer - they don't need any more makeup, they look fabulous just as they are.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    dogwood wrote:
    headscratch.gif Alvarado uses a MUA like just about any pro photographer but it's his processing and styling that set him apart. He even holds workshops just on his post-production work. His work is sexy, pinup style shot in studio with HEAVY post production. In other words, it's apples and oranges to Yuri's posts.

Yuri, I've been following your work for years and these are great. Very much your style. Please keep it up! Love your posts. I think if you did heavy post-production work that, well, they wouldn't be your style at all!
    Pete! Thank you very much for your kindest words!
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Замечательная работа.
    спасибо.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Foques wrote:
    Замечательная работа.
    спасибо.

thumb.gif I agree with Foques...wonderful work. I never miss one of your posts.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Foques wrote:
    Замечательная работа.
    спасибо.
    Thank you for your Russian!