SOLD: Canon 400mm F5.6

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited February 28, 2010 in House of Canon
Selling my pristine copy of the 400mm F5.6. It's only been used a few times, mainly for moon shots, and has been stored in its case the rest of the time. Mint condition both cosmetically and optically. Comes with original box and packing, warranty card, manual, and case. You would be hard-pressed to tell it from new.

Asking $950, which will include PayPal and shipping fees.

I don't have a ton of pictures taken with this lens, since it's barely been out of its case. But here's one, taken with the TC1.4x.

791341140_ZDVn2-O.jpg

Comments

• sathsath Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 27, 2010
    400 f5.6
    Hi,

I am interested.

Please let me know the date code and sample pics of lens if possible. I will pay paypal.

Thanks

Sath
    kdog wrote:
    Selling my pristine copy of the 400mm F5.6. It's only been used a few times, mainly for moon shots, and has been stored in its case the rest of the time. Mint condition both cosmetically and optically. Comes with original box and packing, warranty card, manual, and case. You would be hard-pressed to tell it from new.

Asking $950, which will include PayPal and shipping fees.

I don't have a ton of pictures taken with this lens, since it's barely been out of its case. But here's one, taken with the TC1.4x.

791341140_ZDVn2-O.jpg
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 27, 2010
    Date code is UU0812. I don't have any pictures of the lens, although I'll try to get around to taking some. Frankly there's not a whole lot of see other than a perfect lens without a mark on it.
  • TNTATCTNTATC Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Wow what a great lens. I'm curious what setting you used to shoot that.
    edited February 27, 2010
    Thanks for the date code. Just sent you a PM.

Sath
    kdog wrote:
    Date code is UU0812. I don't have any pictures of the lens, although I'll try to get around to taking some. Frankly there's not a whole lot of see other than a perfect lens without a mark on it.
    edited February 27, 2010
    EXIF info states f8 ISO100 1/100 exposure @560mm. Kdog may correct me if it is wrong.
    TNTATC wrote:
    Wow what a great lens. I'm curious what setting you used to shoot that.
    edited February 28, 2010
    sath wrote:
    EXIF info states f8 ISO100 1/100 exposure @560mm. Kdog may correct me if it is wrong.
    Correct. Shot with the Canon 40D, and manually focused using LiveView.

Sath, did you send me a second PM? I'm getting "Database Errors", when trying to open my PMs now. I'll be gone this morning, so won't see any messages until later today.
    edited February 28, 2010
    kdog,

I think there was a problem in the PM server as I was unable to access myself. It is working now.

Sath
    kdog wrote:
    Correct. Shot with the Canon 40D, and manually focused using LiveView.

Sath, did you send me a second PM? I'm getting "Database Errors", when trying to open my PMs now. I'll be gone this morning, so won't see any messages until later today.
    edited February 28, 2010
    Payment Sent. Thanks
    sath wrote:
    kdog,

I think there was a problem in the PM server as I was unable to access myself. It is working now.

Sath
    edited February 28, 2010
    Sold! thumb.gif