Options

Bookmarking a thread for referencing later?

Daddy0Daddy0 Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited April 29, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
I have come across some very good info on different threads but I can't find a way to bookmark or save that thread so I can go back to it later when I have time to fix or change something that it was referring too. I know if I reply to that thread, then I can go back to it by going to my subscribed threads, but I don't always want to reply. I know I can write it down, but then I run the risk of losing the scrap of paper I wrote it down on. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jimmie D.
www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited February 26, 2010
    You can subscribe to a thread without replying by using the Thread Tools drop-down box. For info on bookmarking, read this thread.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited February 26, 2010
    As Richard suggests, a thread subscription works.

You might also use your browser to keep a collection of your favorite pages. Just create a folder and drop those bookmarks in that folder--I do this more often than not.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    goDonatogoDonato Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    bookmark syncing
    ian408 wrote:
    As Richard suggests, a thread subscription works.

You might also use your browser to keep a collection of your favorite pages. Just create a folder and drop those bookmarks in that folder--I do this more often than not.

Google Xmarks. It's available for firefox, IE, ect.
    This lets you sync your bookmarks between computers. So once you set it up, you can save a bookmark on a home desktop and then access it on your laptop or work computer.

-dMR
    goDonato.com
    goDonato.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    goDonato wrote:
    Google Xmarks. It's available for firefox, IE, ect.
    This lets you sync your bookmarks between computers. So once you set it up, you can save a bookmark on a home desktop and then access it on your laptop or work computer.

-dMR
    xmarks is awesome. Syncs my Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, iPhone and iPad. And in fact, any computer I use, anywhere. And, it works across browsers, too.