Options

Keeping track of scheduling

ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited March 4, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi guys! Thank you so much for giving me a hand, here. I've only recently started my business. I began taking paying gigs last year, and I'm going slowly with my business so that I don't take on more than I can handle. Anyway, I've booked quite a few weddings for this summer so far and was wondering how everyone keeps track of their scheduling. What program/process/ect do you use to keep track of your clients, where the shoot will be, the time, contact info, ect?

Comments

• Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    I just started using Successware. It gives me the ability to track and manage everything related to my business--income, expenses, clients (and relatives), locations, session info, prospects, inquiries, etc. I'm still learning about all the features, but so far it's exactly what I'd been looking for.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I've been looking at http://studiocloud.com/ - so far it seems to meet my small needs.
  • Options
    tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I use shootq.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I use a DAYPLANNER....THIS IS ONE DAY PER PAGE.......has plenty of room for all info I need and I use Google Calendar.....but its alerts come out on the day of not before event........but i Have used the dayplanner system for over 25+ yrs and it is small enuff to carry in cam backpack or a brief case....it goes where I goesmwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    98olds98olds Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Art Scott wrote:
    I use a DAYPLANNER....THIS IS ONE DAY PER PAGE.......has plenty of room for all info I need and I use Google Calendar.....but its alerts come out on the day of not before event........but i Have used the dayplanner system for over 25+ yrs and it is small enuff to carry in cam backpack or a brief case....it goes where I goesmwink.gif

Granted I am just barely started... so please take this as a grain of salt.

I do What Art stated. I use a day planner, but I also Use Microsoft Outlook to manage my contacts, and calendar... Then I sync that information with my cell phone. I carry both the Day planner and the cell phone with me.
    Nikon D3000
    Nikkor 18-55mm Kit Lens
    Nikkor 55-200mm VR Lens
    Nikkor 18-105mm VR Lens
    Nikkor 70-300mm VR Lens

Nikon SB-600 speedlight

Nikon EM Film SLR
    50mm Lens

85mm Lens

Canon Powershot SX100IS
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    Microsoft Outlook
    Works well, is widely available, synchs up with my Blackberry, and is super easy to use.
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    I used a Palm Tx - kept contant info, schedule, places, etc all in one small package. Synchronized with my computer so I was able to input data either on the computer or on the Tx and then let them sync later. It is small enough that I was able to carry it with me everywhere and everywhen.

I don't know what is available to replace it now - if you use a smartphone of some sort, be sure you can access the calendar while actively talking on the phone.

Hint: No matter what system you use, be sure to use it all the time and be sure you are comfortable enough with it that you have it with you all the time. This is especially true if you are running your business through a cell phone - when a client calls, you need to be able to talk intelligently about schedule right then rather than, "Let me get home and call you...." Maybe not so important when you get bigger, but when just starting out - it's all about service and service RIGHT NOW!
  • Options
    98olds98olds Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    I used a Palm Tx - kept contant info, schedule, places, etc all in one small package. Synchronized with my computer so I was able to input data either on the computer or on the Tx and then let them sync later. It is small enough that I was able to carry it with me everywhere and everywhen.

I don't know what is available to replace it now - if you use a smartphone of some sort, be sure you can access the calendar while actively talking on the phone.

Hint: No matter what system you use, be sure to use it all the time and be sure you are comfortable enough with it that you have it with you all the time. This is especially true if you are running your business through a cell phone - when a client calls, you need to be able to talk intelligently about schedule right then rather than, "Let me get home and call you...." Maybe not so important when you get bigger, but when just starting out - it's all about service and service RIGHT NOW!
    This brings up a very good point, Maybe i should start relying on my appointment book more than just on my phone that is synced with my outlook.. Ii mean if Im on the phone and in front of my pc i can look at the calendar in outlook, but if I am out someplace with out my computer I use my appointment book, but still rely on my phone.
    Nikon D3000
    Nikkor 18-55mm Kit Lens
    Nikkor 55-200mm VR Lens
    Nikkor 18-105mm VR Lens
    Nikkor 70-300mm VR Lens

Nikon SB-600 speedlight

Nikon EM Film SLR
    50mm Lens

85mm Lens

Canon Powershot SX100IS
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    (Outlook) Works well, is widely available, synchs up with my Blackberry, and is super easy to use.

On top of that, you can easily integrate it with Google Calendar, which you can also embed into your website. I have a Windows Mobile smartphone, and that stays synced also.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter