Egypt- Woman shopping

Chollie2Chollie2 Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited February 28, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
In the city of Luxor.
The woman had been shopping and was returning home.
Traditional clothing- but quite beautiful.

Comments

• Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Chollie2 wrote:
    In the city of Luxor.
    The woman had been shopping and was returning home.
    Traditional clothing- but quite beautiful.

Nice shot but wow the hot sun and the black! woooo Im sure her body was running hot. Black and the sun are magnets to each other. Too much heat. nice shot
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Howdy Charlie,

What an interesting image, love the different color patterns and the main subject is very interesting and a closer look reveals all the neat details and traditional garb.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Chollie2Chollie2 Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    Jay25 wrote:
    Nice shot but wow the hot sun and the black! woooo Im sure her body was running hot. Black and the sun are magnets to each other. Too much heat. nice shot

Thanks for looking and commenting, Jay.
    I agree about the black clothing in the sun thing, but in many of the Middle East/North Africa countries, tradition dictates that women wear black and cover their heads when outside their homes. Also, Bedouins wear heavy wool traditional clothing even when out in the desert sun during summer. My thinking at the time was that it simply didn't bother anybody who had lived like that all their lives.
    Additionally, I was in Egypt during winter, and the daytime temps were in the 80s at most.
    Charlie
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    Interesting cultural shot. She has good balance and posture it seems. I thought women must be accompanied by a man when outside.
  • Chollie2Chollie2 Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    Interesting cultural shot. She has good balance and posture it seems. I thought women must be accompanied by a man when outside.

I'm a mile from any real understanding of Arab culture and traditions, but I suspect that being outside without a male in accompaniment is seldom- if ever- in practice in modern times. Certainly not in Egypt, which (partly influenced by the very important western tourism moneys taken in) is very casual about some things.
    In fact, I seldom saw women covered as much as this woman was.
    Charlie