Anyone use the 35mm 1.4L for portraits?

2»

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    Definite plus to rent before you buy. Especially with camera gear, unless you know your shooting style to a T, renting is the best way to experiment without plunkering down lots of cash immediately!

Yes, MP, good solid advice. But the other option is to go a bit wild and let a lens take you where *it* wants to go. Get a superb lens and fasten your seatbelt. One way not to adjust the world to you but go with the force!:D

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    NeilL wrote:
    Yes, MP, good solid advice. But the other option is to go a bit wild and let a lens take you where *it* wants to go. Get a superb lens and fasten your seatbelt. One way not to adjust the world to you but go with the force!:D

Neil

rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    :Dthumb.gif Now I can't wait to test one out! A couple more paychecks to go until then....Laughing.gif.

Thanks for the info MP-I have seen the CA in some test shots on a review about this lens. Just curious, how would you correct that in photoshop?
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    :Dthumb.gif Now I can't wait to test one out! A couple more paychecks to go until then....Laughing.gif.

Thanks for the info MP-I have seen the CA in some test shots on a review about this lens. Just curious, how would you correct that in photoshop?

1. stop down, careful exposure, avoid backlighting

2. shoot in RAW, and do CA pre conversion

3. remove in post using software correction

4. zoom to 300% and clone it all out pixel by pixel (only joking!!!eek7.gifwink)

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    NeilL wrote:
    1. stop down, careful exposure, avoid backlighting

2. shoot in RAW, and do CA pre conversion

3. remove in post using software correction

4. zoom to 300% and clone it all out pixel by pixel (only joking!!!eek7.gifwink)

Neil

What Neil is saying is.. PIXEL PEEP!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com