Small pedestrian bridge

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited February 27, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
559558972_5NX4x-L.jpg

This is a photo I took this past summer of a pedestrian bridge at the Lake Tobias Wildlife Park. I shot this from the opposite side of the lake from the bridge. On the other side of the bridge is another lake simular to the one on this side. There is also a picnic area on the other side as well, and if you look close enough, you can see the pavillion. My question is does this crop look ok, or should I crop some off the bottom? Anything else that you see that can be done to make this better, feel free to chime in. I'm looking for ways to make this shot look better.

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 27, 2010
    Gary,

I think the crop may be fine as is, but you definitely need to add some pop to it. The most important step is to raise the black point and increase contrast in the mid-tones. Here's a quick stab with a couple of curve adjustments.

797995969_V5AXS-S.jpg

I tried a square crop just out of curiosity, but I'm not sure it works any better than the original.