Reflection

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited February 28, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Taken at a Harley-Davidson dealer event earlier today...the first weekend day of "Bike Week". The people stayed away, and the vendors stayed inside their tents due to the cold rain.

798323749_roH3G-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    Taken at a Harley-Davidson dealer event earlier today...the first weekend day of "Bike Week". The people stayed away, and the vendors stayed inside their tents due to the cold rain.

798323749_roH3G-XL.jpg

Hi Tony,
    I like the look on the guy's face--makes me wonder if he's the down on his luck vendor (I know the bad weather is putting the brakes on this event) or if he's with the woman doing the buying--he looks miserable/defeated!

I like the capture.

Looking forward to see what else you walk away with--these events are very interesting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Hi Tony,
    I like the look on the guy's face--makes me wonder if he's the down on his luck vendor (I know the bad weather is putting the brakes on this event) or if he's with the woman doing the buying--he looks miserable/defeated!

I like the capture.

Looking forward to see what else you walk away with--these events are very interesting.

Thanks, but this shot and the one of the empty lot I posted in the "Other Cool Shots" forum are the only two real "keepers". There's a third, but I'm not sure about it. The place was deserted. I drove around to some biker bars looking for people shots, but the rain kept them in. I'll probably go out tomorrow.

I was hoping for a "biker on a bike in the rain shot", but it didn't happen.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I also like the guy's expression here, Tony. I would bet he's a vendor because of his shoes. No biker is going to run around in white tennis shoes. I was going to scoot down to Daytona today, but like most other folks, I hunkered down inside. I may come down tomorrow for several days.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I also like the guy's expression here, Tony. I would bet he's a vendor because of his shoes. No biker is going to run around in white tennis shoes. I was going to scoot down to Daytona today, but like most other folks, I hunkered down inside. I may come down tomorrow for several days.

Tom
    I may go up to Sopotnick's Cabbage Patch in Samsula to shoot like I did last year for my "Biker" gallery.
    A large enough crowd for some variety without having to the fight the crowds and the in-town traffic.
    It'll be next weekend, though, since I'm going up to Destin on Monday for a few days to visit wife's vacationing friends.
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I may go up to Sopotnick's Cabbage Patch in Samsula to shoot like I did last year for my "Biker" gallery.

I stumbled across that place by accident last year, looks like it might be very interesting on weekend nights...