Challenge 44 - Cake

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited August 8, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this tickle your fancy? A two layer lemon cake with raspberry filling, lemon buttercream with fresh sugared raspberry topping.

30999817-L.jpg

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    DROOL!!
    Would best describe my actions. The cake looks absolutely scrumptious.
    Now, if you haven't eaten it all yet, you may want to do a reshoot of this. The dishwasher is a bit distracting as well as the light reflecting on the table. Other than that, I like it. Is it home made or did you buy it? Not that it matters, just curious.

Thanks for sparking my hunger; it's almost lunch time...NOT,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif
    cake looks great but the other details in the shot are a little distracting.

By the way, regardless of the challenge, can I order one of these cakes on in your smugmug gallery? I'm drooling!

:eat
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    The cake is long gone. It was a job my better half did. She does this for a living. High-end cakes, pies, etc... Some more examples (Not eligible):

30904416-L.jpg

30999828-L.jpg
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    I think the text of your description of the image is "tastier" than seeing just the outside of the cake. I always think that a picture of a slice of a layer cake speaks for itself...no title needed...you can see the chocolate or vanilla cake, the creamy rich filling, etc.

But, I bet you can't actually cut into one of those if it's her work. Unless...she makes one for your photo project?

Adrienne :D
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    What a great idea. Have your better half bake a large cake and send us all a piece. To see taste is one thing, but to actually experience the cake would be another and a sure WINthumb.gif. A multimedia presentation for this challengeeek7.gif.

Just an idea,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    so do we send a PM with our addresses for a slice?
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    dugmar wrote:
    Does this tickle your fancy? A two layer lemon cake with raspberry filling, lemon buttercream with fresh sugared raspberry topping.
    Hope you don't mind, but the July/Aug Photoshop user magazine showed a technique that inspired me.

Not quite perfect yet, but a goood indication what can be done.

XO,

ps. if it offends or bothers you what I did with your picture, I apologize in advance and would happily remove this post.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • DewDropDewDrop Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Really like this. The cake is the center of focus, colors are great!
    Looks yummythumb.gif.
  • dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Hope you don't mind, but the July/Aug Photoshop user magazine showed a technique that inspired me.

Not quite perfect yet, but a goood indication what can be done.

XO,

ps. if it offends or bothers you what I did with your picture, I apologize in advance and would happily remove this post.
    AWESOME!!!