Untitled

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited March 1, 2010 in Street and Documentary
798949505_Po3v6-XL.jpg

C&C encouraged.

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    I like this. Beautiful angle to have the boy's "thoughts" the subject as he appears to be inspired by Ronaldo. But further exploration makes me wonder what the guy with the flag is there for. Hmmm... Now I notice the baricades and the canvas at the bottom of the statue. Conclusion: Appears to be a statue unveiling (?).

I would consider cropping the statue on the left as the words and dates automatically repeatedly draw the viewer's attention to them and it does not add to the photo (except for framing/composition -- but the letters negate this).

Thanks for sharing!
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    I like the shot, plenty of interesting elements, lots of energy in the shot.
    Really like the processing, black and white is my favorite.

Just for fun...take a look at it cropped to a pano just above the knee coming into the frame from the left and just above the boys hands in his pockets all the way across the frame.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Yep lots O Stuff going on, like what's with that guys pants back there rolleyes1.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 1, 2010
    Tough crowd, as usual. rolleyes1.gif

OK, you guys are absolutely right about the knee and other distractions. But the inscription was central to the whole idea of the shot, so it has to stay. I did a little cloning magic and I like this one better:

799762885_v4thY-XL.jpg

Rainbow: Yes, you're right--it was an unveiling. Good eye. thumb.gif

As for Diego Velázquez, well, let's just say he played for Philip IV. lol3.gif

Thanks for the helpful feedback. thumb.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 1, 2010
    Fantastic.

I like this revised version !!!thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks, Shawn. It was a fairly easy tweak.