My birthday gift to SmugMug: A BayPhoto Pricing Spreadsheet

dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
Happy birthday, SmugMug!

:barb

Here's the spreadsheet that we've all been clamoring for.... it lets you fiddle with Bay Photo pricing, and coupons, and markups... all the while monitoring your profits. Took me forever to make, but I really needed it. Hopefully others will find it handy, as well.

A few notes:

1) There are probably typos. Who wants to proofread? I will happily post updated versions, based on your comments.

2) Check my formulas. I am pretty sure that this spreadsheet correctly calculates SmugMug's profit, our Pro profit, etc... but I would appreciate some of you double-checking that I did this properly. It's complex.

3) I'm sharing this in the spirit of cooperation... but please don't send your lawyers after me. K? :D

4) If you find this handy, perhaps you would take a moment to return a favor by becoming a fan of my Facebook page and by following me on Twitter?

5) You can download the spreadsheet <strike>here</strike> below.

Let me know what you think! Hope it's helpful. Let's revise it together.

Thanks!

:clap
Matt Dudley
Matt Dudley Photography
Nashville child photographer
Twitter: @mattdudleyphoto
Facebook: facebook.com/mattdudleyphotography

Comments

• takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    duds wrote:
    Happy birthday, SmugMug!

wings.gif

Here's the spreadsheet that we've all been clamoring for.... it lets you fiddle with Bay Photo pricing, and coupons, and markups... all the while monitoring your profits. Took me forever to make, but I really needed it. Hopefully others will find it handy, as well.

A few notes:

1) There are probably typos. Who wants to proofread? I will happily post updated versions, based on your comments.

2) Check my formulas. I am pretty sure that this spreadsheet correctly calculates SmugMug's profit, our Pro profit, etc... but I would appreciate some of you double-checking that I did this properly. It's complex.

3) I'm sharing this in the spirit of cooperation... but please don't send your lawyers after me. K? :D

4) If you find this handy, perhaps you would take a moment to return a favor by becoming a fan of my Facebook page and by following me on Twitter?

5) You can download the spreadsheet here.

Let me know what you think! Hope it's helpful. Let's revise it together.

Thanks!

clap.gif

I love it. Thanks very much for putting in all the work. I'm hopeless at figuring out formulae, so this is a boon.

The only thing that I'd like to see is a "Column F" that could have arbitrary prices put in and then do the cascading calculations across (profit, coupon discount, etc.). In other words, if I decide to charge $10.00 for an 8x10, what do the numbers look like, and then with a 20% coupon?

Thanks!

jon
  • dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    The only thing that I'd like to see is a "Column F" that could have arbitrary prices put in and then do the cascading calculations across (profit, coupon discount, etc.). In other words, if I decide to charge $10.00 for an 8x10, what do the numbers look like, and then with a 20% coupon?

Good call.
    I added that ability.
    New download here.
    Again, if you like it, feel free to become a fan of mine on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter.
    Thanks!
    Matt Dudley
    Matt Dudley Photography
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    duds wrote:
    Good call.
    I added that ability.
    New download here.
    Again, if you like it, feel free to become a fan of mine on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter.
    Thanks!

Thanks. Looks good.
    Facebook...I'm a fan.
    Twitter...I don't tweet.
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Thank you Matt!
    edited March 1, 2010
    mrcoons wrote:
    Thank you Matt!

You betcha! Hope it's helpful...

Definitely let me know if you find typos and mistakes. I'm sure it has some. :D
    Matt Dudley
    Matt Dudley Photography
  • NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    Thanks for doing this Matt. You've been "fanned".
    edited March 2, 2010
    Thanks for doing this Matt. You've been "fanned".

Why, you're welcome! And thanks for the fanning!

Hope it's helpful... let me know if it needs adjusting. I've been thinking about adding a new feature... I'd like to be able to enter my "desired profit" and have the spreadsheet tell me how I should price my item to earn that profit, even if I offer a coupon.

Maybe I'll get to that soon.. who knows. ne_nau.gif
    Matt Dudley
    Matt Dudley Photography